Monday, January 7, 2019

Angelus' Quote: Make the Most of Every Opportunity


[Taken from my awesome PDF Booklet entitled Maximize God-Given Time (2018)] I love to travel around Malaysia and East Asian countries. One of my habits is reading a book while on the plane. One day, I was sitting with a Muslim woman who obviously very nervous because it was her first time. She prayed loudly and whenever the plane shaking, she sometimes accidentally touched my hand that was holding a book. Not once or twice, but trice! I was so irritated. I was so turned off by this woman and I certainly wasn’t in the mood to interact with her.

When she finally spoke to me, she asked, “Are you reading a Christian book?” You can imagine how surprised I was that this woman should ask such a question. I replied sheepishly, “Yes, I am.” Then she asked, “Could you answer some of my questions?” She told me that she had read the New Testament in her spare time and wanted to know more about the person of Jesus. There was nowhere she tried to trick me, she looked sincere. Silently I repented of my sins (of trying to ignore and mad at her), then I began to answer some of her questions from the Bible. After touched down, I was very thankful to God for giving me this opportunity to share about Jesus with this woman. I had been privileged to “make the most of every opportunity” for the precious time that God had given to me.

God’s Word tells us that a wise individual redeems the time because the days are evils. The word redeems means “to buy up” or “to rescue from loss.” In other words, if you do not work toward making your moments count for some purpose or accomplishment, you have lost that time – lost it forever. If you are not conducting the affairs of your days in a wise and orderly fashion, you are succumbing to the effects and influences of the world’s evil order. Ephesians 5:15-16 puts it like this: “[Be] careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.”

Instagram -> Richard_Angelus

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]