Friday, December 7, 2018

Angelus' Quote: You Mighty Man of Valor!


When the Angel of the Lord appeared to tell Gideon how God wanted him to save the people of Israel from the Midianites, the first words spoken were, “The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor!” (Judges 6:12) Gideon showed his true colors when he replied, “But Lord, how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family” (v.15). That was the beginning of his many excuses.

Sound familiar? So often, we sense God telling us that He has something big for us to do. But because of a poor self-image, we say, “God, I can’t do that. You’ve got to find somebody more qualified. I don’t have what it takes.” We misheard what God is telling us. He says, “I’m with you” over and over again – that’s awesome! But then He adds, “Have I not sent you?” (v.14) God is saying this: “You are not alone, I’m with you. You're not the one who will fight, I will. I will fulfill what I sent you to do. Just obey.” Like Gideon, we count on our own strengths, “How can I save Israel?” You can’t. But God can! Like Gideon, we focus on our weaknesses, “My clan is the weakest…” but God says, “You are a mighty man (or woman) of valor!” Like Gideon, we feel “least” but He says – “The LORD is with you” – that’s more than one!

 Probably you’re hiding like Gideon (see v.11). But no more! Stand up you mighty man and woman of valor! You may feel unqualified, insecure, weak, fearful and insignificant, but God sees you as a victor!

Instagram --------> Richard_Angelus
Blog -> richardangelus.blogspot.my
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]