Monday, August 1, 2011

Unworthy Sinners or Potential Saints?

Soo unworthy? Yes!
Very worthy? Yes!
It was Sunday morning, rainy day and there were many people in the Church. Among them there was an unworthy sinner, he dressed inappropriately; half formal and half sleeping attire. “What am I doing here?” I said to myself. A Bible that I stole from my auntie’s bedroom was on the palms of my sweaty hands. “What am I doing here?” [I remember well; me and my friends love to play around the Church area almost every evening and we pissed on the Church walls often.]
[Cut the story short] Few minutes later after the congregation sang few hymn songs and then the elders reading the Scriptures, the preacher stand to delivered his weekly ‘ordinary’ sermon. His sermon wasn’t that impressive and persuasive enough, but somehow I’m hooked to the chair I’m sited on. I don’t remember much about that he said that day, but I remember well when he said, “You’re a sinner… unworthy sinner… but you’re also a potential saint.” Hallelujah! Praise the Lord.

I heard a story about a conversation between father and son. “Daddy, what are saints?” the youngster asked. And his father paused before making a reply.
Do we know any saints right here on earth? Or do they all live with God in the sky?”
They entered the church of God just then. As the morning sun shone bright and fair, through the stained glass windows, wide and high and the reverent figures painted there.
These are all saints, my son,” his father said.
And his son’s face sparked brightly. “Oh, I know what saints are now, Dad; they are the people God’s light shines through.”

You’re right when you said that “I’m unworthy sinner” But you see God is calling people just like you and me. He wants to shines His light through you. You see an unworthy sinner, He see a potential saint. You see a worm in the service of God; He sees the apple of God’s eye. You see yourself as a half-empty glass, He sees you more than half-full glass; He sees a fully redeemed child.

Yet there's one thing you must do, repent from your sinful way. The Cross of Christ made all the different; it transformed sinners to saints.
“Oh God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive Him as my Savior. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen.”
P.s: You should start seeing others as a potential saints rather that unworthy sinners, for that is how God sees you. This is our God.
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP. Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. THanks... Unworthy Sinner or potential Saints... :) God bless you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another inspiration that inspires. Thank you Richard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks man.. Im blessed..

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]