Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blessed are those who Give

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who cannot pay you back.” (John Bunyan)
He who gives to me teaches me to give.” (Danish proverb)

God have given us two hands – one with which to receive and the other with which to give. To receive is to allow and enable others to practice generosity. It is through receiving that we are able to experience blessing and joy. To give on the other hand allow us to be more Christlike. Both are important…

Jesus said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35) Someone might respond, “I do not believe it… I like receiving more than giving.” When you heard someone says something like this, if you want to reply, say this; “Would you rather be a beggar than a benefactor?” Don’t you agree that you get more than you give when you give more than you get? (Stop! Read that sentence one more time… slowly~) Therefore His Word forever truthful: It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Some people give due to external pressure, religious responsibility, to appear generous and to expect return. But not so with you, my readers, you give out of love for God. Not so that God will love you more (It is impossible to manipulate God) but because God loves you first, therefore you give. We can give without loving, but we cannot love without giving.

A.W. Tozer writes about giving; “In God’s sight, my giving is measured not by how much I have left after I make my gift. Not by its size is my gift judged, but by how much of me there is in it. No one gives at all until he has given all! No one gives anything acceptable to God until he has first given himself in love and sacrifice.

THINK BIG Giving is living
START SMALL Start living by giving
GO DEEP Read, Remember and Believe when the Lord says,
“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35)


 ...............
You might want to read (click title to read): 

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]