Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where is God when I need Him most?

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.” (Isaiah 43:2)

It has been said that the Christian life is certainly not a bed of roses, but actually it is, because, when one lies on a bed of roses, there is not only the fragrance of the roses which arises but also there are the thorns. And that thorns my brothers and sisters, is probably where are you lying on right now.
You see… nobody really know what actually happened to you all this while, because you looked normal happy-go-lucky in the public but as you lying on your bed – you’re reloaded with troubles and problems that had been haunted you for so long or it might be just a recent events. You’re on the ‘deep waters’, ‘rivers of difficulty’ and at ‘the fire of oppression’. You’re struggling with an issue that is beyond your control… perhaps, mind you; you’re struggling with the death of your loved one or broken home or someone has broken your trust etc.
At this rate, things are going real bad, you wonder like every human being does at one point of their life asking, where is God when I need him most?

In the verse quoted above, God assured us that He is always be right beside you. He promises to every faithful believer that ‘I will be with you’, ‘you will not drown’, ‘you will not be burned out’ and ‘flame will not consume you’. God is there when you’re in trouble. He has the power and desire to help you. Where is God when you need him most? He is right beside you.

But you got to understand; He starts with ‘when you go through…’ not ‘If you go through…’ In this life God doesn’t promise to save you from trouble. In fact, the verse above assures you that ‘when you go through’ trouble, which it will come to you anyway as long as you are living in this fallen sinful world – He promises those who have faith in Him, “I will be with you.”

Ronald A. Beers wisely said, “God isn’t like the genie in a bottle, granting your every wish; if he were, you would follow him for the wrong reasons, and your faith will never grow. Instead of preventing or removing the hard times, God helps you through them. He promises to give you wisdom to cope, strength to endure, and discernment to deal with and overcome adversity.” Dear brothers and sisters, with all the strength that you have left… with ever breath that you have, be in one voice with the Psalmist saying,
I will keep on hoping for your help; I will praise you more and more.” (Psalm 71:14)

THINK BIG Do not be ashamed of asking ‘where is God when I need him most?’ – That’s human! Do not be surprised if the Lord says ‘I will be with you’ – That’s God!
START SMALL Obey, surrender, and trust Him
GO DEEP If you only know that it is through God’s help today that you will learn to rely on Him in the future.



Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. come on .... how is the same cookie cutter answers supposed to help anybody with REAL problems...sorry but obey surrender and trust don't pay the bills....where is the real hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write base on my own experience... this blog is base on my personal thoughts. How God speaks to me thru His Word. I don't deny actions over problems, but I emphasis on the inner attitudes of seeing things.

      If obey, surrender and trust don't pay the bills for you... tell us, teach us, encourage us, correct us... share with us, what's REAL HOPE for you? Who is God to you? And how can we handle REAL life problem without being obedience to God, in the spirit of surrendering to Him and by trusting Him?

      Delete
    2. I enjoyed thee article because I know that hope is a stabilizer that keeps me sane while God is working on the problems.....and with faith I can walk through anything!

      Delete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]