Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wedding Ceremony, Love, Law and a Question

Wedding ceremony. I love it! Lovely couple, foods, people, and celebration… I love it! Since last May to early July 2011, I heard many wedding going on and yes, I did attended some of them… I love it!
 
One day as I attended my friend’s wedding, I had this imagination;
picture taken with permission from
http://www.lightframephotography.com
I imagine that the bride and groom are there in all their finest and splendor. But before the ceremony begins, each exchanges the other a contract detailing the rules of their relationship after marriage – routine life that needs to be fulfilled by both parties.
The husband reads, “You must help with the dishes each evening; you must not go out on Saturday and Sunday night; you must take care of the lawn each Friday, you must go washes you dirty clothes by yourself.” The wife stunned, hers are, “You must cook the meals; you must keep a clean house; don’t complaints.” I thought, would they sign the agreement anyway? In my imaginations, well, I just end it here.

What’s the problem here? They are trying to set a contract for what love would cause them to do willingly in the first place! If we want to apply this imagination (or rather illustration) into a spiritual realm, it would be like this: A Spirit-controlled person need no law to make him or her live a righteous life.
Religious law won’t make you righteous!
Dress code rules won’t make you holy!
Mumbling words of mantra in ‘the name of god’ from sacred texts won’t save a soul!

For a Spirit-controlled men and women, they are drive by the motivation to do what is right comes from within. They don’t sign contract to live righteously. They act according to their love relationship with God. They are chain by love not law. Take a hard look at your walk with God; it is characterized by a growing list of rules or a growing love relationship?

THINK BIG…START SMALL…GO DEEP
May you’re chain by love not law… oh, I love wedding ceremony, don't you?
Best Blogger Tips

5 comments:

  1. Thanks.. 'a question' make me tick! :) God bless you bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! I love wedding ceremony too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding is something that you would cherish forever. setting an agreement for marriage is not right. what important is that these people are ready to commit and hold on to the relationship till death tear them apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, supposed to be there is no contract in a marriage life. Otherwise, life would turn up side down :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate you comments :) Thanks
    Anyway, the point is what's important: In your relationship with God, let it be chained by love not law.

    Thanks guys and gals.

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]