Tuesday, January 11, 2011

They are asking you now, 'Can you forgive me?'

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. (Matthew 18:21-22)

Coming to the year 2011, it is not difficult to see that many people bring up some 'excessive baggage' of hurts from the past. Forgiveness seems to be the work of a saints, and we reason ourselves that 'I'm only human' and to forgive only can be done by those who have achieved an Angel-ship. This is of course, is not true. Day to day agenda, we sometimes consciously or unconsciously, intentionally or unintentionally; hurts others. To make the story worst, hurt people hurt others. When forgiveness seems to be alien from one lips, it develop into anger, and from anger to stress and all of its bad habits will eventually follow. Soon or later, it kill a person faster than cancer.

Why did Peter asked such a question? I do not know. We may assume what happen but thanks to his boldness, we can hear what Jesus' replied. Jesus said, seventy-seven times. Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary commended, 'Until seventy times seven-that is, so long as it shall be needed and sought: you are never to come to the point of refusing forgiveness sincerely asked'

"Richard, it's easy to say then done.", You may ask me. Well, I may say that it's easier for me to write this down then to speak to you face-to-face. When we read the Scriptures, what Jesus said was never a suggestions, it may be said with a soft spoken tones or with a very kind expressions but none of His Word was just a mere words- His Word is a command speak in a language of love.

When we forgive, we shown to the world that God is alive. When we forgive, we shown to our neighbor that the Holy Spirit is in you. When we forgive, we shown to our brothers and sisters that I can't do it, but Jesus is able to change my heart. When we forgive, we agreed with the fact that 'I'm only human' and He is the Only God that is able. When we forgive, we are forgiven. When we forgive... Our prayers will be heard.



They are asking you now, 'Can you forgive me?' What would you say?

P.s: I'm giving away 2 books of Charles Stanley, The Gift of Forgiveness for free. All you have to do is write to me a short comment on what happen after you forgive others @ when someone had forgive you. Best Blogger Tips

11 comments:

  1. teringatku chard masa kita diploma dolok2... kau pernah tekan kan isu tok.. "agar doa kita di dengari kita harus saling mengampuni dan di ampuni".. something like that la... herm... Te-ri-ma Kasih sekali lagi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks richard for sharing ...
    i used to hate good friends of mine just because of bf matter ... one of them i took 2 years to survive the hatred but now we r back on track , i even have left the guy for good .... one of them i took only few months then i forgave her but for everything she has done to me not only disturbing my previous relationship, she lied a lot and took advantage of me for 3 years, i feel like i cant be closed with her nemore but i do pray ... we will be back as friend when both of us done with some adjustment ... ive s.m.s her now :P miss her a lot.. thanks for reminding me richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing guys. All praise to Him alone. May other readers will be bless by your testimony. Books will be sending to you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still struggle with this issue. In fact whenever I fail, I'll hate myself instead. It's driving me crazy. My dad left home when I was a little girl, about 6. Then last year, he came back to stay with us and ever since, there has been lots of quarrels at home because despite all the wrong things he did, he never once showed that he felt guilty about it. Instead, he brags about it. And it drives us mad. I kept asking myself to forgive. But it's not easy. I'm still struggling so hard with it I don't feel like going back. I'd rather stay in uni and not have to go back and see all that. I know it's wrong but sometimes I can't help but to feel that way. I pray and pray that God will open my heart to accept him for who he is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To tell you 'I understand how you feel' is such a cheap words, but to encourage you to be prayerful is much better for I myself had struggle with family matter especially both my parent are now separated. You keep on praying for I've seen how God had turned people' heart to Christ through hardship and brokenness. May forgiveness is so natural to you as you breath when you abide in Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. after i forgive others, I'm able to live in peace with everyone.
    when someone had forgive me, I have to make amendments for my offense :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. marcella here. Chard,how la if that friend of mine - she 1 with all that bad habits u've mentioned, she hurt me (check:yes), i forgive her(check:yes), but she sik mauk berubah at all..asyik2 aku mengalah.. Now,i try not to be close with her as usual..but secretly, i pray that she'll change her attitude.. I think that she think i hate her now (cuz dia slalu berpikiran negative..haha..) :'(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Press on Marcel, continue to pray for her... spent a bit longer in prayer than before. Do not upset if her attitude did not change... because it's her own, you may help her with it but it's up to her to make a change.

    It's hard I know... but you did a good job by forgiving her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. marcella lagi.. thanks for the feedback chard.

    yaloh,its even harder when the person we want to help doesnt want to receive any help from us. when we've got nothing else to do - its time to pray,again n again.

    phew. i feel so much better after i talk about this with someone like you. thank you very much!

    ok keep writing! p/s - bisik urang macha utai ditulis nuan! ;-D Tuhan merekat nuan sebilik. bye~~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rich..dis book still available ka?

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]