Sunday, January 23, 2011

What was the Best Time of your Life?

[Author: Unknown  with minor modification]

It was June 15, and in two days I would be turning 30. I was insecure about entering a new decade of my life and feared that my best years were now behind me.

My daily routine included going to the gym for a workout before going to work. Every morning I would see my friend Nicholas at the gym. He was 79 years old and in terrific shape. As I greeted Nicholas on this particular day, he noticed I wasn't full of my usual vitality and asked if there was anything wrong. I told him I was feeling anxious about turning 30. I wondered how I would look back on my life once I reached Nicholas's age, so I asked him, "What was the best time of your life?"

Without hesitation, Nicholas replied, "Well, Joe, this is my philosophical answer to your philosophical question:
"When I was a child in Austria and everything was taken care of for me and I was nurtured by my parents, that was the best time of my life.
"When I was going to school and learning the things I know today, that was the best time of my life.
"When I got my first job and had responsibilities and got paid for my efforts, that was the best time of my life."When I met my wife and fell in love, that was the best time of my life.
Unauthorized Picture...
"During World War II, my wife and I had to hide to save our lives. When we were together and safe, that was the best time of my life. When we came to Malaysia and started a family, that was the best time of my life. When I was a young father, watching my children grow up, that was the best time of my life.

"And now, Joe, I am 79 years old. I have my health, I feel good and I am in love with my wife just as I was when we first met. This is the best time of my life."

 I love what Joel Osteen said:
"To live your best life now, you must learn to trust God’s timing, you may not think He’s working, but you can be sure that right now, behind the scenes, God is arranging all the pieces to come together to work out His plan for your life."
Your best time of your life could be at where you are now!
P.s: I heard that this story had come out in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]