Wednesday, June 1, 2011

For the Tough Times

Dear readers,

Every once in a while we will sometime experience tough times in our life. Failed your exam, lost job, relationship fall apart, turbulent within your family members, your loved one died, losing your faith etc. What can you do?

I have a reader from United State shared with me about his marriage life. He told me that he and his wife having a problem in communications. Both of them wake up early in the morning to work and came home late at night. They barely see and talk with each other. He said that he will get a divorce soon. In the message, he writes that they have a beautiful young daughter.
When I asked him, “What about your daughter, is she okay with this decision?”
He replied, “We have no choice… she will stay with me.”

I told him that I’m a single adult and not qualified to advice him about the issue of marriage. But I kept on pressing him to reconsider the matter over and over again. I asked him in the light of his daughter’s situations,
Do you want her to live her adult life without both of her parent?”
Don’t you think that she needs her mother?”
Have you talked this matter together as a family?”
Did you consult God on this?”

After that I never heard any news from him. This is his tough time. Maybe at this reading you’re also in the midst of your tough time. There seems to be no way out. Your mind is confused and your judgment is shaken. What can you do?

David writes a Psalm, “When all that is good falls apart, what can good people do?” (11:3) When unspeakable tragedies and incomprehensible situations occur, we are confused, saddened and even frustrated.
 Next, David answered his own question with a declaration. “The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord sits on his throne in Heaven.” (Psalm 11:4). Max Lucado writes, “His point is unmistakable: God is unaltered by our storms. He is undeterred by our problems. He is unfrightened by these problems. He is in his holy temple. He is on his throne in heaven.

Throughout the Bible, God is not change. He is still in control. From our human perspective, the world and even our lives often seem to be random and unpredictable, but God is ultimately in control. What He did then, He will do still. What He can do then, bringing out the best in His servants; He can do it now, helping us to get up again. Our own effort might fail us, but don’t you quit reaching toward Heaven for Hope. Facing your tough times by facing your tough God!

......................................................................................................................................
I'm giving away only 7 copies of Max Luxado's book "For the Tough Times: Reaching Toward Heaven for Hope" for this month free gifts. I'm hoping that this simple and easy to read book may guide you to go through these difficult moment of yours with hope and assurance from Him. Facing your tough times by facing your tough God!

 



Get your copy now!!!
How to get this for free?
  • Comment on the column below and write '(Your name)_Yes, I want to have a copy of this book'
  • Then send me your mailing (not e-mail) address together with your comment or send it to motivates4life@hotmail.com if you don't want your address to appear on this blog. 
  • Priority for those who haven't received any book from Motivate for Life before. 
  • For Malaysia readers only

Best Blogger Tips

19 comments:

  1. yes,I want to have a copy of this book. Thanks.
    agnes.t311@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for requesting Agnes. Send me your home address to my e-mail ya: Motivates4life@hotmail.com (not e-mail)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I want to have a copy of this book.
    chooiping90@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, i don't want a copy of this book. Thanks. :p

    i'll give some chance to others this time. Feels like i'm hogging your books already..

    but greats book you do recommend! ;) go grab some peeps! peace out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freddy_Yes, I want to have a copy of this book

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article really works me. Its been tough lately.and,
    yes,I want to have a copy of this book,Richard!:D
    cristine410@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so now far only four..


    Richard, if no one is taking it, would you be kind to send me a copy. I'll add into my library for circulation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Send to you:

    1) Freddy
    2) Abby Soo
    3) Shaun... You persuaded me by writing "Add into my library for circulation" :) That's great!

    .....
    P.s: Agnes, Chooi Ping and Cristine - I need your home address.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. wynt_Yes, I want to have a copy of this book.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Richard, if only there is extra la, no sweat..yea i have a collection of books for circulation.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A smile for a tough day! Yes, I want to have a copy of this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3) Agnes
    4) Cristine
    5)Chooi Ping
    6) Wynt
    7) Ryanne

    P.s: Shaun, you're too humble :P

    "IT IS FINISH!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I understand what you mentioned in the e-mail. I thought I posted here before I sent you the e-mail.

    Thanks for the book! :)


    Abby Soo

    ReplyDelete
  14. hah! practicing humility? :p
    thanks anyway.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Avlyin_ Yes, I want to have a copy of this book.
    avlynjay@gmail.com
    thanks chard..:D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tet tet... Avlyn... sudah habis... Try again next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. eeeeeeee saya lambat!

    priscilla andrew

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bro. Richard,

    I received the book. Thanks so much!


    Abby

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]