Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dad...

Your dad might not be around anymore or your dad might not be the best dad ever but you were born with the genetic material of a father. 
Proverbs 23:22 "Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old."
Not to boast or comparing about this issue, personally, I have the best dad ever. My parent is not the perfect parent to be displayed in any reality shows but they are the best for me because they pray for my sisters and I. Without their prayers, I won’t go far.

My recent accomplishment:

1. My S.P.M (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia or O-level public exam) result did not get me into any of the government higher education institution.
2. My STPM (sijil tinggi pelajaran Malaysia) can be considered failed.
3. Thus, I had to attend foundation program in a private college.
4. I was qualified to further my degree but still not the government universities because my result was not fit for the quota to enter government universities.
5. As for now, I’ m a graduate with a very humble result. With my humble result, I managed to overcome the best scorer student back in my university with a good job and good company.

All the listed events I have gone through my years of studying, if I was walking alone, I would have fall back. I was determined to keep moving with the swift of invisible powers. It was my parent’s prayer. I just knew they were praying hard for me after my graduation, when my dad was giving his testimony at a house gathering.
Proverbs 17:24, "A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth."
Every time I received my results back in schools or university, I usually cried on the phone with unsatisfied spirit. But my dad, he always said ‘you have done your best. We put the rest unto God’s hand. Be thankful’. He never titled me as a ‘failure’ even if I never achieved his expectation. He is even proud of me, he attended my graduation, printed my graduation pictures to be displayed at home, he shared his gratitude with his families and friends, etc while at the meantime, I still feel my accomplishment was not enough.

Let’s take this week, as a child, we pray for our parents, especially our dad to commemorate the Father’s day celebration on Sunday 19th June 2011. We do not have gold or money to present to God for the better health for our dad but we have our heart, God hears our heart cries. “I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. Matthew 7:11”

Happy father’s day to all the men in the world, to be father, single guy (training to be dad) and a father. Do enjoy your day.
 ......
Link that Priscilla recommended, click HERE (Knowing God as Father)

..........
Priscilla Andrew is from Miri, Sarawak. She's a daddy girl, so we might assume that she's quite a tough young lady. She loves to quote, ''Look at the world with your heart not with your head'' Writing on Being a Woman doesn't mean she's there already, this is a long term process. But along the way; she's learning and that's when this note come into written words.



Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. Your father must be proud for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe yes gang ...i praise God for bringing me into this humble family

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]