Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Why should you be afraid? Why should you tremble?

The Lord is my light and my salvation – so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?” (Psalms 27:1)
King David was a mighty man. Throughout the Bible his life chart goes up and down. Faces many challenges, oppose by many enemies and oppress by many trials. In this psalms, he emphasized on his triumphantly confident prayer to God to deliver him from all those who conspire to bring him down. Zondervan NIV Bible Study comments on verse 1-3, “The king’s (David) security in the Lord in the face of all that his enemies can do.”

As much as we want to think that our confidence comes from our physical circumstances such as how good we look or how many academic certificates hanging on our living room’s wall, the truth is, it is our inner assurance that God is by our side that makes all the different. When you begin to lose confidence in God, go to his promises in the Bible. That’s why I advice those who want to build their confidence must first seek the Scripture. You can trust the Bible because the Holy Spirit assured us through Paul’s writing that “All the Scripture is breathed out by God…” (1Timothy 3: 16) God’s Word is our ultimate confidence. With Him by our side, we can boldly (confidence also can be translated as boldness) step out in faith to do His work.

When you face trials, troubles and temptations from the enemies, remember His Word;
The Lord is my light and my salvation – so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

Yes, why should you be afraid?
Hey, why should you tremble?
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. Can i save the pic of the cat walking pass a row of dogs and share it in my fb? Its really meaningful =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, save it. It's not mine after all. :)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]