Thursday, June 23, 2011

Are you ready?

Are you REALLY ready?

I’m the type of person who likes to ask questions or curious about something, dig it out and get the information as much as I want until I feel satisfied. Most of the time, my family realized of my "curiosity’’ attitude until they feel ashamed of going shopping with me because they know I would ask the promoter as much question as I want before I buy any of the products. 
My curiosity leads to my concern about human’s attitude or reaction. There is one issue really attracted my attention, ‘Because of love, people change’.

The love I mentioned above is love of attention, love of money, love for fun, love for filling the leisure time and many more.

Let’s examine two cases which happened around me:

Case 1:
My colleague, 37 years old. She has been married for 12 years, has a beautiful daughter. As for the first day I met her in my office, she has informed me that her husband and her is just like a friend, not more than that. It strikes my curiosity but I refused to ask because we just met. In the end, after few weeks, knowing each other, she poured her worried and insecurity on me about her married life problem (for your concern, I didn’t digged it out, she just shared it with me, maybe because I never asked but she can see from my curiosity look or she just need somebody to talk). As she concluded, their married problem caused by her workaholic husband. Therefore, she is having an affair but recently, they just broke up. She cried over her ‘bf’.

Case2:
A friend of mine, 18 years old. Beginning of the year, our church mate met or ‘’kutip’’ or saved him while he was drunk at the bus stop nearby the church. Now he just started to be with the youth, serving church by cleaning up the church compound, following the priest for house prayer , etc. He has a good family background, he comes from a very wealthy family, and his dad is the richest Iban man in miri. However, if you ever meet him, he doesn’t look like one, his wear rugged clothes, which only 1 pair of jeans he wears almost everyday, with untidy hair and face. His rugged look attracted me to ask of the cause of all these. He answered me, ‘a girl destroyed my S.P.M, caused me to drink and smoke. I wear all this because I don’t want any girl easily attracted to me’. The funny part is, despite the fact, he proclaimed his life was destroyed by a girl, currently; he is dating a high school girl.

From this two cases, I concluded, human long for attention, feel happy when things get perfectly happened and seek for fun in order to love.

Mind me; I am not judging their life. Their life, reminds me of my own. I felt the same way and reacted the same way whenever faced familiar situation. 
I read a book about a lady (Elizabeth Gilbert), struggle to get out from promiscuous and misery life. She lost everything inside her heart, she cried thousand of time, lost her weight, and wrinkles attacked her facial in her early age. But from her book named ‘eat,pray,love’ stated she managed to faced it by not relying on attention and perfection from any man. Then on her another book, after ‘eat, pray, love’ , named ‘Committed’ stated, she decided to get married after few years of ‘ Eat, Pray,Love’ published.

Because of love, people change’. For better or worst. Elizabeth quoted from an old man while she was traveling in Bali, Indonesia, saying ‘Don’t look at the world with your head but with your heart even if you stumbled with your hand and knees on the ground

As for me, because of love with my heart, I use my head to look up on people who needs to know the truth about love. I’m trying my best not to seek any attention or perfection from any man anymore like before ( because I believe God will provide me the best man ever to be in my life,) but I want to do the best to help my friends around not to fall on their knees while their hand covered their head while saying in their heart ‘love sucks’.

HERE IS NOT ADVICING, EVERYONE TO GIVE UP ON LOVE, but questioned yourself and be curious about: DO I REALLY READY TO LOVE?

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— for your love is more delightful than wine. (Song of Solomon 1:2)
To be involved with someone life and be one with them is a lifetime process. While you are deciding to say ‘I do’ , start to love others, your colleague, your not-so-closed friend, your favorite shopping mall’s cleaner. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13 NIV). Love is not based or from your spouse only. Love is God, by God and for God. 
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)
One sweet Sunday morning, I curious about someone daughter dared to betrayed, shouted or disrespect her parent in although she is one of the regular church goer since her childhood, my dad answered me with a question, ‘How do you want to love and respect your parent if you don’t love or respect God? ‘. ARE YOU READY TO LOVE GOD?
Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' (Matthew 22:37–39 NKJV)

P/s: Lets us love each other without condition. Focus on our real meaning of love, everybody do mistakes, correct our partner with love but never provoke them. Ladies, with the existence of condition and expectation, thats when we tend to compare or seek for better element from other man. Don't ever try to compare, that is considered as mentally cheating.



..........
Priscilla Andrew is from Miri, Sarawak. She's a daddy girl, so we might assume that she's quite a tough young lady. She loves to quote, ''Look at the world with your heart not with your head'' Writing on Being a Woman doesn't mean she's there already, this is a long term process. But along the way; she's learning and that's when this note come into written words.


Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. Very good question, "How do you want to love and respect your parent if you don’t love or respect God?" Thanks Pris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r welcome gang

    ReplyDelete
  3. its hit me... the meaning and longing to love and be loved way a tricky Q as well we are not provide with manual instructions. Pris,a simple gestures or words can turnover someone's life.
    . LOVe this thanks , PrisxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God u feeling blessed ...

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]