Saturday, September 29, 2012

More than a Carpenter (Free Books Inside)


I found that More than Carpenter was really persuasive when I was a faith-seeker for the Truth during my campus time at UiTM Samarahan. I have questions about Christianity – lots of questions… until I seriously encountered with Jesus of the Bible. Since then, my life is never been the same.” (Richard Angelus)
Quote from Josh McDowell's More than a Carpenter, page 5-8:
"My new friends issued a challenge I couldn’t believe. They challenged me to make a rigorous, intellectual examination of the claims of Jesus Christ—that he is God’s Son; that he inhabited a human body and lived among real men and women; that he died on the cross for the sins of humanity; that he was buried and was resurrected three days later; and that he is still alive and can change a person’s life even today.

“I took the challenge seriously. I spent months in research. I even dropped out of school for a time to study in the historically rich libraries of Europe. And I found evidence. Evidence in abundance. Evidence I would not have believed had I not seen it with my own eyes. Finally I could come to only one conclusion: If I were to remain intellectually honest, I had to admit that the Old and New Testament documents were some of the most reliable writings in all of antiquity. And if they were reliable, what about this man Jesus, whom I had dismissed as a mere carpenter in an out-of-the-way town in a tiny oppressed country, a man who had gotten caught up in his own visions of grandeur?"

I had to admit that Jesus Christ was more than a carpenter. He was all he claimed to be. Not only did my research turn me around intellectually, but it also answered the three questions that started me on my quest for happiness and meaning. But as Paul Harvey says, that’s the “rest of the story.” I will tell you all about that at the end of this book. First, I want to share with you the core of what I learned in my months of research so that you, too, may see that Christianity is not a myth, not the fantasy of wishful dreamers, not a hoax played on the simpleminded. It is rock-solid truth. And I guarantee that when you come to terms with that truth, you will be on the threshold of finding the answers to those three questions:
Who am I?
What is my purpose?
What is my destiny?    
Think Big. Start Small. Go Deep.
 ..............................................................
October 2012 FREE Book
I’m giving away ONLY 3 copies of More than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell & Sean McDowell. You are welcome to get a copy for yourself. Do these 2 things:
  1. Comment below “Rich, give me one copy___(Your name). I want to make a rigorous, intellectual examination of the claims of Jesus Christ in the Bible"
  2. E-mail me at Motivates4life@hotmail.com or send message to my Facebook your real name, phone no. and your postal address. Thank you.
Best Blogger Tips

10 comments:

  1. Example;
    Rich, give me one copy (Billy Sunday). I want to make a rigorous, intellectual examination of the claims of Jesus Christ in the Bible"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, give me one copy (Reymond jantan). I want to make a rigorous, intellectual examination of the claims of Jesus Christ in the Bible"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich, give me one copy (Xin Yi). I want to make a rigorous, intellectual examination of the claims of Jesus Christ in the Bible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rich, give me one copy (Elijah Loh). I want to make a rigorous, intellectual examination of the claims of Jesus Christ in the Bible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Reymond,
    2) Xin Yi,
    3) Elijah Loh

    Thank you for your request :) Your book will be sent on the 8th Oct 2012 ya. Happy Reading, Learners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Rich. =)

    My name is Wilson, and apart from being a writer... just like you, I am also a blogger.

    Someone has told me about your site and your monthly giveaways earlier today. So, I went to check out your site and I enjoy what I am seeing here. The contents are substantial, and the generous giveaways will be a great blessing to many.

    Are you planning to give out more books in the future, or are you going to restrict it to only 3 books a month?

    And if you don't mind, I would also like to ask for your permission to write about and share your site to my friends and connection through my blog, Ripples. It would also be great if I can further spread the news to my other connections via social media so that more people will know about what you are doing here.

    Again, I like what I am seeing here, and I believe many people out there would appreciate and enjoy what they would discover here as well.

    Thank you, and hope to hear from you soon!



    Wilson Khor W.H. @ Seymour Nightweaver
    Blog: rippling-ripples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliments Wilson. Yes, I only offer 3 books per month (but sometime if I have more resources, I might offer twice per month). Yes, you can share this blog to others. Permission granted but in one condition - do not alter the content :)

      Again, thank you for your kind offer. Appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  7. Hi Richard, Can I have a copy of this book please? ~Samuel Tam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the English copy anymore, would you like to have one in BM?

      Delete
  8. could I please have a free copy of more thean a carpenter tom chastain 4902 bayshore blvd apt 502 tampa fla 33611 thankyou very much tom chastain

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]