Thursday, September 20, 2012

Don’t Waste God's Loving-Kindness: Don't Waste Your Life!

Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me” (Matthew 25:34-36NLT).

The small acts of kindness done to the least important of Christ’s brethren [which, in my The New Bible Commentary: Revised (London: Inter-Varsity Press, 1970), seem to mean all men rather than just Christians] are done to Him. When you give food to the hungry, for example, it is as if it is done to the Lord. Mind you, the acts of kindness in Bible verses above are not as an act to gain acceptance from the Lord, no, but they are the outcome of a living faith in Christ. Because of their faith in Christ, they do these things, not vise versa. Now, since the Christians are saved by God’s grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8) – every acts of kindness to others based on faith is not wasted acts; God will remember. Therefore, don’t waste the opportunities to show God’s loving-kindness to others as long as you lived. Don’t waste your life!

If I buy a food to a hungry fellow, my life is not wasted. If I give a cup of cold water to a thirsty traveler, my life is not wasted. If I give shelter a homeless child, my life is not wasted. If I give my clothes to a naked beggar, my life is not wasted. If I care for my friends, my life is not wasted. If I visit a prisoner, my life is not wasted. If I weep with one that weeps and rejoice with another that rejoices, my life is not wasted. If I guide and mold others into honorable man or woman, my life is not wasted. If I set in motion one little bit of influence for good, my life is not wasted. If I lift up one fallen person, my life is not wasted. If I read one Scripture to a soul that hungers and thirsts for righteousness, my life is not wasted.
In the end, I don’t want to waste my life, no, don't waste your life, by wasting the opportunities that God had given to us to show His loving-kindness to others. Yes, don’t waste your life! Emily Dickinson writes,

“If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain.
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting Robin
Into his nest again,
I shall not live in vain."

DON’T WASTE YOUR LIFE! Live to Glorify God.
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. have you done it? helping a broken soul longing for God's love but it was like unrequited love for God?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not in a deeper level - as far as I'm concern... I never found cases where a broken soul longing for God's love will ever be unrequited love – or love that is not reciprocated by God... I'm not sure (your question is "...but it was like unrequited love for God?" that 'FOR' God part is confusing)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]