Saturday, September 22, 2012

Slow Down oh My Soul

What I do today is important
because I’m exchanging a day of my life for it
” (Unknown).


Admittedly, it’s hard for me to be consistent in my fellowship with the Lord. To be frank, I don’t have it all figured out.  And surely I have my own struggles with Christian living and disciplines. But one thing that I’m very assured of is that – I have, by God’s grace, a relationship with the Lord. Yet embarrassingly many Christians including myself often neglect to cultivate or to renew that relationship every day. We are in the state of, what most accurate and condense language of today called – busyness. The archenemy of intimate divine relationship with the Lord is busyness. Busyness that is closely tied to worldliness – getting caught up with this society’s agenda, objectives and activities to the neglect walking with the Lord.

Busyness in your life overcrowds your mental resources, leaving no possibility for the quiet moment with the Lord. Mountain of assignments and workloads, hundreds of responsibilities, gathering of properties, achieving dreams, aim for worldly successes, etc. all these though are not evil in itself have robbed your time with the Lord God Almighty. You got to stop! Slowing down… rest and pause – stop! God wants to speak to you. God want to guide and refresh you. The Lord wants a fellowship, an intimate relationship with you, but you will never recognize it until you slow down and allow time for Him. Psalm 39:6 says, “We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing”. Therefore, slowing down will ya?

Slowing down to pray. Slowing down to listen. Slowing down to cultivate relationship. Set aside time for the Lord. Not leftover time, not throwaway time, but quality time. Time for contemplation, meditation and reflection. Unhurried, uninterrupted time. Bill Hybels in his book Too Busy Not to Pray writes, “You can’t become an authentic Christian on a diet of constant activity, even if the activity is all church related. Strength comes out of solitude. Decisions that change the entire course of your life usually come out of the Holy of Holies.” The fact is: God don’t need you, you need God. Therefore, come to Him for Life. Give up your best time for the Lord. You’ll never regret it!

Psalm 103(NLT)
“LORD, my heart is not proud;
My eyes are not haughty.
I don’t concern myself with matters too great
Or too awesome for me to grasp.
Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself,
Like a weaned child who no longer cries
For its mother’s milk.
Yes, like a weaned child is my soul
Within me.
O Israel, put your hope in the LORD –
Now and always.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]