Monday, September 10, 2012

Liars need a Good Memories

Meaning: People who do not tell the truth need to
remember the lies they have told before
.

Example; Richard lied to his father and told him that he was going to his friend’s house to study when in actual fact, he was going to go out for a movie without his parents’ permission. When he got back, he forgot the excuse that he had given to his father and his mother that he had went for tuition instead. As a result of that, his parents realized that Richard had been lying to them. Indeed, liars need good memories.

I’m not good with memory. I often forget about events, dates and names. I tried to eat raisin to boost my capacity to remember, failed. I tried Tony Buzan’s Mind Mapping, not so effective for me, failed. I tried to always bring notes with me, I also always forget to bring pen, failed. So if I were to be a liar, I need to work really hard. One easy-but-hard-to-do-at-first solution for all of this is – to be truthful and honest as possible as one can be. Saying lies need a good memory because if the lies are not constant or contradict with one another then the ugly truth will be exposed. On the other hand, if you’re telling the truth, you don’t need a good memory, you save yourself from unnecessary headache and pretenses – you can be you, really who you are. No mask, no guilt, no extra cautions.

Chuck Swindoll writes, “Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others”. Honesty, in my finite opinion, is always the best policy because it is godly. Remember it is a delight to God when we are completely truthful and honest. As true Christians let us strive with God’s help to tell the truth every time, and in so doing please our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in all we say and do. The Message puts it this way, “No more lies, no more pretense. Tell your neighbor the truth” (Ephesians 4:25). Really, liars need good memories but truth tellers need not to remember always.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]