Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week 35: Responsibility - Lets blame AirAsia for the bad weather.

Dedicated to Daniel Lee who remind me that it's not what happen to you, it’s how you handle what happens to you that are going to make the difference in your life. Wheelchair doesn't stop him from becoming the best of what he can be. Really encourage by your life testimony brother. God bless you.
......................
It is easy for us to accept responsibility for those things that are going well in our life, and withdraw from irresponsibility for those things that are going poorly. For example; my mother don’t like to see my room in messy conditions, so she would clean up and rearranged my stuffs properly everyday after I’m going to school. When I came back, I always scolded her for losing my stuffs. Later I found out that most of my lost ‘treasures’ are slipping under my bed. If things at home are not perfect, it must be your brothers, sisters and parent fault. If you got a ‘C’ in your exam paper, it must be because your lecturer doesn’t like you. (or he/she is stupid.) Stop blaming others, It’s time to take 100% responsibility for your life!

Few people take responsibility for their own actions; they blame someone or something else other than themselves. God says that we are responsible for our own conduct. Zig Ziglar writes ‘It’s not what happens to you; it’s how you handle what happens to you that are going to make the difference in your life.’ In his book Over the Top, a study of 300 world-class leaders, including Franklin D. Roosevelt, Sir Winston Churchill, Clara Barton, Helen Keller, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Dr. Albert Schweitzer, and Martin Luther King, Jr., revealed that 25% of them had serious physical disabilities and additional 50% had been abused as children or were raised in poverty.

I had attended a seminar last year on The Success Principles & Leadership for Youth by ITD Group (www.itdworld.com) at Mont Kiara with my own expense as one of my own personal growth program. Dr. Peter Chee gives us 10 steps of leadership in work and life, one of them is;

Take 100% responsibility for your Life 
  • Events + Response = Outcome. (E + R = 0) Reframing - If you want a different outcome, you have to change your responses!
  • Give up all blaming, complaining, justifying, defending and making excuses.
For example, Reframing Process









It’s your choice; you can blame the events (It won’t change anyway) or you can change your responses toward the events. Be courageous -   take responsibility for your choices and your actions. Stop playing the ‘Blame Game’! When God confronted Adam for his sin, Adam’s first response was, ‘It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it’. (Genesis 3:12)

Don’t excuse yourself by saying, ‘Look, we didn’t know.’ For God understands all hearts and He sees you. He who guards your soul knows you knew. (Proverbs 24:12)
 Take responsibility for your own life. God may allow tough situations or events in our lives in order to refine us and bring us closer to Him. We should approach these times with a right attitude and seek wisdom from God to make the right choice of our responses. Do you believe that the choice is yours?
Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Richard..It's such an honour & blessing to have a dedication like this^^...You've touched many lives too...I hope i will continue to shine His light to the ppl around me..All glory to God forever & ever!! God bless =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, thanks a lot, it's really encouraging :) I like this verse ‘It’s not what happens to you; it’s how you handle what happens to you that are going to make the difference in your life.’ :) Really thank you 4 sharing o!!! I am really encouraged by your articles each time :) God bless o....

    Daniel, I would like to thank you for sharing during the last day of NC last year :) Really encouraged by it :) God bless :)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]