Saturday, March 19, 2011

Be an Optimist Prime, not a Negatron.

'I can's change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.' (Jimmy Dean)


According to Martin Seligman in Psychology Today’s magazine, ‘Optimists (individuals with positive attitudes) are more successful than similarly talented people with pessimistic or negative attitudes.’ In his study, life insurance agents with optimistic attitudes sold more policies than did their pessimistic colleagues. Furthermore, he said that optimists not only sold 37 percent more than the pessimists did, they also remained on the job longer. Being optimist does make a different!

I encourage you to become an optimist person. Being optimist doesn’t mean that we ignore pain, struggle or disaster happening in our life. Being optimist make us see these things in a difference view. For example, when God sends rain to earth, the pessimists will react: ‘Oh my gosh, what the hell!’, ‘stupid rain!’, ‘Bad luck’ but the optimists will respond: ‘Thank you for cooling the earth Lord’, ‘Yes, I don’t need to wash my car’. When I stuck in a building, mine will definitely be, ‘Now I have more time to read my book.’

To keep my attitude in positive perspective, I paste lists of creed below (Source: I don’t remember) in my quotations book. I suggest you to write this down and keep it for yourself.

Optimists’ Club Creed
Promise yourself…
·  To be strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
·  To make all friends feel that there is something of value in them.
·  To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
·  To think the best, to work only for the best, and to expect the best.
·  To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
·  To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
·  To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
·  To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
·  To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit presence trouble.
·  To pray, study His Word and remember that God always have the best interest in you. (Added mine) 

Therefore, THINK BIG, START SMALL, GO DEEP… be optimist! (P.s: If you’re a Christian, we ought to be more optimists about our present, future and afterlife. God be with you.)



Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]