Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 2: The True Worshipper

But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:23-24)

Where and when is the right time to worship God?’ that was my question when I was a new Christian. I thought that the only place I can worship God is in the Church and only on Sunday morning. The words ‘But the hour is coming, and is now here’ is simply means – not here or there only, but at all times and in all places. This is the privilege that the Lord had offer to us. Even 7-Eleven though there are many did not really open exactly 24 hours and as far as I know, there don’t have any store in the midst of Borneo jungle! D.A. Carson comments, ‘The prophets’ spoke of a time when worship would no longer be focused on a single, central sanctuary, when the earth would be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.’ This is the time!


Who are the true worshippers? “The true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth.” These are the worshippers who know the Father. They are those who truly and sincerely worship God, and they do it with the heart, and not merely in form. ‘…for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.’ It is amazing that the Father is the one who initiate the whole process for us to worship Him. He is seeking you and me. It’s not the matter of - did He really seeking me but it’s a matter of how do I respond to Him.

Oh this is how lovely our God is! I imagine that my earthly father went looking for me ‘Richard! Richard! Come!’ While he knew that I was hiding somewhere under my bed, it’s up to me to come out of it and hug him. True love doesn’t force. So it is for us to worship Him, it’s a volunteering work.


‘…must worship in spirit and truth’. In spirit because ‘God is spirit…’ it means that God is invisible, divine as opposed to human beings ‘unless He chooses to reveal Himself’ as D.A. Carson puts it. Just like He initiate to seek us, God had also made possible for us to know Him through Jesus Christ. Andrew Murray writes ‘The worship in spirit is the worship of the Father in the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Sonship.’ In truth because Jesus is full of grace and truth. He said regarding Himself, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’ (John 14:6)

To be a true worshipper we must worship Him in spirit and truth. We are carnal and cannot bring God the worship He seeks. Therefore, Jesus has given us the Spirit and enabling us to worship Him at all times and in all places!
Come, join me in this journey of prayer.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]