Monday, March 28, 2011

For better or worst?

People been hustling and swaging to love and be loved. I bet 90% of the congregation skipped the part when the preacher talks about ‘’surrender everything to God, He will do the rest, you better get rest’’. 

The action of putting God first in everything we do is just not the biggest quote ever to be accepted by anyone who is in love or broken-hearted. I was, been there and done that. I’ve been going through unstable relationship within 13 years, YES LONG JOURNEY INDEED BUT IT STILL GOING TO BE LONG ENOUGH because I am not married yet. The point is: I am a different person, as for now I am making a decision to be ‘’on the hook’’. 

Why I use ‘hook’ as the idiom?
Hook here refers to having a permanent ‘standard’ to move on after years of disappointment. My standard is God’s direction. I have downloaded my ‘GPS’ app from God-get as He installed it in my smart-life. Wanna try ? :P

Why do I emphasize too much on God’s direction?
Let us see Abraham’s life because he was the most faithful prophet whose listen to God’s direction very well (Hebrew chapter 11). One of the parts we are going to discussed is about his 2 sons: (Click picture to enlarge)

It got to my sense God was unjust between Isaac and Ishmael. As I did the comparison, there is nothing much different. Both of them were in difficulties, loved by Abraham and choose to be the covenants with many children. However, Ishmael was born in usual way compared to Isaac was born because of God’s promise to Sarah and Abraham. 

How does Abraham story apply on relationship matter?

Although without God’s direction, each of us will still going out for dates and have fun holding hand with our partner. I can write down the list of our ideal’s partner the whole night or enter and escape different relationships to gain experienced until I decide who to marry or even serving the church for God’s mercy to fix my relationship problem but I never feeling captivated by the love I was created or defined to soothe myself. 

God’s choice was based on His call not on anything we had done (Romans 9: 10-16). While I was out of God-GPS, I never been as happy and as free as I am now. I was emotional disturbed while searching for instant comforts but it happens to be just INSTANT comforts indeed. I surrender my future unto God, I do not even want to imagine the ideal guy whom I will married too, I am enjoying the day I am still a single lady (single here refers to not married yet status). 

I had wasted my time worrying too much about spouse or couple relationship issue but now I have decided to be ‘on the hook’, it bring out the priority to be back to the basic which is more time to spend with my families, friend and myself. They are in the circle of relationship line too. Therefore, there is no reason to neglect families and friends when we have blessed with a partner.

Remember this: For better or worst, before I say ‘I do’ to my bride, I would sign-in God’s direction application to be installed in my heart for easy access to hear His voice.
..........
Priscilla Andrew is from Miri, Sarawak. She's a daddy girl, so we might assume that she's quite a tough young lady. She loves to quote, ''Look at the world with your heart not with your head'' Writing on Being a Woman doesn't mean she's there already, this is a long term process. But along the way; she's learning and that's when this note come into written words.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]