Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not sure what is He calling me to do.

I received a call last night. There was no name and the number displayed is foreign to me.
Hello?” I said as I answered the call.
Is this Richard?” the voice asked.
I’m tempted to say ‘no’ but instead I replied, “Yes, who is this?” 
You don’t know who this is?” As the caller playing ‘guess-who-this-is game show’ with me, my brain started to recall this foreign yet familiar voice.
A network of neurons in my brain fires across the cerebral cortex then suddenly I remember…“Ah ha! Cristy, right?”
Bingo!
..........
 How do we know when God is calling us to do something?  But first, how do we know is it He the one who call? In 1 Samuel 3; “The Lord called out, “Samuel!”… And Samuel replied, “Speak, your servant is listening.”
Be still and listen to His voice. Charles R. Swindoll writes, ‘I just know that somehow the Spirit of God reveals Himself when we shut out loud and busy distractions, close our mouths for a protracted period of time, and listen.’

First step knowing your calling is getting to know God intimately through his Word. Just like I know it was Cristy calling me because we communicate with each other before through her blog and coffee conversation; it is true also that God can communicate you through the Bible and as you pray, he will show you what he wants you to do and where he wants you to go.

God always calls you in two different ways: general and specific. Here is the explanation that is simple enough for you to understand about His calling to you.

God’s general call is to obey his Word, do what is right, and show genuine love for others. But God also has a specific call for each person, a special role he wants you to play, based on the unique gifts he has given you.

For most of us, that call will not be as obvious as it was to Samuel in the verse above. When God is ready to call you to a specific task, he will keep interrupting your thoughts. Your heart will long to do what God wants you to do; you will know it is what you should do. Then opportunities to serve will follow again and again. Seize the moment, and follow God’s call. Don’t let the window of opportunity close and miss all God has in store for you.’’
(Quote above is from Divine Moments: Everyday Inspiration for God’s Word published by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Used by permission.)

Let the words of Paul the Apostle encourage you to seek your calling in life,

“Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” (Romans 12:2)

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. YEs yes! Thank u for reminding me that God is calling me. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]