Monday, February 3, 2020

Kobe Bryant on Leadership: If You are Going to Be a Leader, You are Not Going to Please Everybody



Kobe Bryant was one of the greatest NBA players of all-time and an icon in the sports world. I'm not a sports fan, but I'm a fan of greatness. His ceaseless work ethic and incredible drive really inspired me. He once said, "I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant." He inspired me to be ME. In honor of Bryant's legacy (1978-2010), I want to share with you one leadership reality that we can learn from Kobe:

"Leadership is lonely... I'm not going to be afraid of confrontation to get us to where we need to go. There's a big misconception where people thinking winning or success comes from everybody putting their arms around each other and singing kumbaya and patting them on the back when they mess up, and that's just not reality. If you are going to be a leader, you are not going to please everybody. You have to hold people accountable. Even if you have that moment of being uncomfortable" 💪🧔#ServeToLead #GrowingLeader
_____________


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]