Thursday, October 11, 2012

Will the Real Advisor(s) please Stand Up!

The Word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires” (Hebrews 4:12NLT).

God have given me a gift of boldness to speak the Word of God (sometime I misuse it for personal agenda. Forgive me Lord). When I share the Word, I would share about God’s grace, faith, love etc. and also (I just can’t skip it!) about death, hell, sin etc., simply because – the Word required me to speak the Truth. All of these is in the Word, how could I not speak about it? Encouragements and rebukes. Divine inspirations and corrections. Right and wrong. Eternal life and eternal damnation. Blessings and curse. Honestly, I’m a bit embarrassed because I fear that people may throw stone at me, but I’m not ashamed because ‘the Word of God is alive and powerful’.

I tell you, my friends: Be careful if a minister or a friend or advisor always seems to be telling you what you want to hear. It may be a sign that he or she is more interested in gaining your favor than building your faith. He or she may want your praises and money than sharing you the truth about the Gospel – God’s saving power. He or she may want men’s approval than obedience and faithful to God. Be careful! (I, myself shall be careful too. Lest, I may fall into the same desires and temptations) The Word of God is described as sharp because it cuts all the way down to our “innermost thoughts and desires” – our motives. Good advisors won’t always tell you what you want to hear because sometimes they will need to use God’s Word to convict you of your sin.

Friends, when you find this rare-extinct-kind-of advisor(s) – praise the Lord!

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true
and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.
It corrects us when we are wrong
and teaches us to do what is right
” (2 Timothy 3:16
NLT).
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]