Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Why Christian Fellowship is Important?




The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone…”
(Genesis 2:18NLT)

God made man for relationship and companionship. We are made male and female, to be companions and co-creators with God of new life. When man sinned against God in the Garden of Eden, he lost something that is essential to human happiness, blessedness and joy – fellowship with God. Because of sin, loneliness exists.

Now imagine Genesis chapter 2. Imagine: - man walking and talking with God! How lovely! How wonderful! How awesome it is to be with God personally! Therefore, because of God’s desire to display His Glory and man’s need to be fully happy in the Lord and sin had separate man from God, He made provision to restore that fellowship and communication with man through His Son, Jesus Christ. Read the Gospels – it is always God who initiates fellowship. He is God of Relationship. Behold, loneliness has its cure – Divine Relationship that can only be receives by the Father’s grace through faith in the Son, Jesus Christ.

We who are made in the ‘image of God’ are a creature of relationship and also actively seek for relationship. There is nothing on earth compare with the experience of being well accepted when you go to a strange place. When I was a new student in UiTM University, I have noted this especially. I thank God today for my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who tirelessly invite me to join Christian fellowship (PPK) in campus. It was in Christian fellowship that I first experienced the love of God practically with one another. Those of us who are in Christ know a close relationship with other believers that are a strong as our ties with our own family. When I’m lonely, there are friends with me. When I’m lonely, most importantly, the Holy Spirit is with me.

Come, my friends. Let’s point to others about the heavenly benefits of Christian fellowship. There they will find fellowship that can only be experience by those who love Christ. Christians need never be lonely – go for fellowship. Invite others into Christian fellowship. You need never be lonely… well… unless you purposefully want to be lonely… that’s your loss… (but I plea with you to come).

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]