Monday, October 1, 2012

I Was Not Called


I cannot go,” I hear you say. “It’s not my work;
I was not called. Too bad so many die that way,
Without hope, without God,
But here at home I have to stay.”
But then I hear the Savior say, “It was My work to die for you.
In Heaven I did not please to stay.
I came to earth not just for a few,
But all should know I am the Way.”

I cannot go,” I hear you say. “My child is small
And he needs all the world can give him today.
It would not do to be so cruel
To one who cannot choose his way.”
And then I hear my Father say, “I gave My Son,
My only One, to give the world the only Way.
He suffered all upon the cross.
Can you do less to Me today?

I cannot go,” I hear you say. “It takes so much of strength and grace.
I have no talent to display,
My faith is weak; right here I’ll stay.
The smart and strong go far away.”
I hear my Lord and Master say, “Have you not read
Within My Word, ‘Ye are vessels made of clay?’
I choose the weak to give My strength.
Let all who will serve Me today.”*

Now, why you say ‘I cannot go’ and ‘I was not called’?
Go, may the Spirit of the Lord be with you
as you proclaim the Good News to others.
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

……………………………………………………..
*Quote from The Speaker’s Quote Book by Roy B. Zuck (Kregel Publications, 1997, 2009)
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]