Saturday, August 11, 2012

When there’s Nothing you can Do… Wait

Picture taken from: http://loveandacupofcoffee.wordpress.com/
In a ‘Do-Do-Do-World’ today we all somehow have become merely a ‘Do’ing Person rather than a ‘Be’ing Person. Here is my thought for today: Taking actions is crucial whenever we face troubles, it is human to do so. But whenever you realize that there’s nothing you can do…
Wait.
Wait patiently.
Don’t keep going.

Restrain yourself from anything hasty. Whenever possible, put on the brakes! There is a red light in front of you. Slow down. Often, we seldom made wise decisions in a hurry. Wait. Don’t you agree that we’re seldom felt sorry for things we didn’t say or do? Abraham Lincoln, my friend says, “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” Wait.

My thought comes from David’s thought in God’s Word, Psalm 40:
"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
    out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
    and steadied me as I walked along." (40:1-2NLT)

As you read Psalm 40 carefully, you’ll realize that David’s situation didn’t changed. In fact, it was David changed. When you wait, your situation may not change, but you will. Wait, you may discover that the time of waiting is one of God’s ways to show you that He is God, and you’re not. Thus, surrender the situation to Him. So be cool, patiently wait. Ahhh… as I wait, most of the time I realized that I’m the one who need to change, not the situation.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]