Monday, August 20, 2012

Letter to Readers: “God is Holy, You are Not”

[This is one of my rare deep thinking or may I say, sort of heavy sharing from me. Picture me as a man who is dying and want to tell his friends about their only hope in God. And he is happy, joyful if he dies right now and yet very sorrowful that he can’t imagine one lives this life without knowing and believing in Jesus as their Lord and Saviour]
......................................................................................
 Dear readers,

The LORD our God is holy” (Psalm 99:9)
Your [God’s] eyes are too pure to look on evil;
you cannot tolerate wrong
” (Habakkuk 1:13).

The first time I understand from the Scripture that God is holy, righteous, and pure; I have a hard time to digest it. My heart was willing to believe, but my mind is too small to comprehend it. But when I checked myself deeply – I found out that the main hindrance of it all is the heavy realization, God’s Spirit conviction, of my own sin and weaknesses. I scarcely grasp the overwhelming perfection and holiness of God. I can’t imagine anyone being absolutely perfect, none… but God alone. “God is holy”.

God is holy”, means He is separated from sin. God is absolutely pure, without flaw and without blemish at all! When Isaiah saw a glimpsed of God’s holiness, he was overwhelmed by his own sinfulness. He saw angels (winged creatures) around God’s throne continually cry out, “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory” (Isaiah 6:3). Isaiah understood; me, (and I hope and pray you too), will understand the depth of our sin once we understand the holiness of God. God is holy”; we are not. Therefore any good works or sincere-believe or mere trust-in-oneself is useless to bridge our great chasm between us and God. Sin deserves punishment, condemnation – eternal fire of hell!
Is there any hope for us?

Leviticus 19:2, “Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy”.
God ask us to be holy – how?

God never ask what He cannot provide. God will not convince us of our sin if He doesn’t cause our heart to long for Him – and not giving the Answer to our greatest need; righteousness before God. If the price of sin is eternal fire of hell, the grace of God through Jesus Christ is eternal life. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast”.  By who’s grace? Through faith, who? According to God’s own Word, that saving Person is Jesus. Only Jesus is holy, only Jesus can take away the sins of the world (for He is the Son of God), only Jesus can bridge the great chasm between us and God.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3).

 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins” (1 John 4:10).

God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood —to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished” (Romans 3:25).

In him [Jesus] we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace” (Ephesians 1:7, on the bracket mine).

This is the Message what the churches should promote. This is the Message what every preachers of God’s Word should preach. This is the Message that every single believer of Jesus Christ should proclaim! Jesus is the only way to God who is holy. None of us can come to God and say what I often heard from ignorance people, “I know I’m not perfect… I hope God will forgive me of my sin.” If you are not perfect then, how can you be reconciling with God who “is holy”? Jesus, only Jesus can makes you ‘holy’ (as if you’re holy) before God. If you come to Jesus in repentance and ask Him for forgiveness through faith in Him – He will surely forgive you (not ‘hope God will forgive’ you – but resounding He will!). 
Think about it my friends, and make your decision today - your eternal life is at stake.

God be with you.
Regards,
Richard


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]