Thursday, August 23, 2012

I’m Unwilling to Forgive

Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others” (Colossians 3:13NLT).

I have written more than 300 posts in this blog. I shared dozens of God’s Word to others. I give fairly wise counselors to those who need it. Generally, I’m a good guy and in the eyes of many – I’m a good Christian too. But don’t be fooled (I know you don’t) by my not-so-humble introductions. I make mistakes daily. I’m only a human; a forgiven sinner who still struggle with my fleshly sins as long as I live. Today (at this writing), I had sinned against God by manifesting an unforgiving spirit toward my brother in Christ.

Someone whom I know bang my car with a hard object. I was so furious that I want to give him a good-old-school punch on his face… but I stop once I realized that there were people around me. Externally, pretentiously, I told him its okay. Smile and leave. Internally, in reality, my thought goes wild, ‘Oh Lord, I will pardon him, as what the Bible said, but I never… never!... want to have anything to do with him ever again!’.
Then, a gentle voice speaks to me softly but firm, ‘Is that how you want God to treat you, Richard? What if Jesus says He will forgive you and then never want to have anything to do with you? Will you ever be satisfied? Would you be more joyful by Jesus doing that? Forgive then leave?’ At that moment I was so convicted by my sinful attitude toward my fellow brother in Christ.

It was God’s spirit who leads me to the passage of the Scripture, “Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others”. Yes, I’ve sinned against God by sinning against other. I was motivated by the clear counsel of God’s Word that I will receive God’s forgiveness only when I am willing to forgive him who has wronged me. I do.

Friends, especially my brothers and sisters – Jesus, our Lord and Savior, said, “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins” (Matthew 6:14-15NLT). Lesson learned. Imperfect man encountered with His Perfect Master. Dirt sees Purity. Rebellious meets Love.

I hope my personal testimony here can inspire you, an encouragement for you to forgive those who had sinned against you. THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]