Saturday, July 27, 2019

DOCUMENTARY REVIEW The Story of Science: Power, Proof and Passion (2010) presented by Michael Mosley



The Story of Science: Power, Proof and Passion (2010)
by BBC presented by Michael Mosley

When I was in secondary school, I was always fascinated with science. I remember during recess time I went to the library, took books about the planets with pictures and devoured my reading. Reading wasn't my hobby back then but my interest in science superseded it. I don't remember I want to be a scientist back then but I do want to be the most knowledgeable man in the universe! (Both didn't happen, btw). I love The Story of Science documentary because it tries (yes, tried) to answer these six (6) fundamental questions of the humankind:

#1 What Is Out There?
#2 What is the World Made of?
#3 How Did We Get Here?
#4 Can We Have Unlimited Power?
#5 What Is the Secret of Life?
#6 Who Are We?

For about three thousand years, we – as humankind – have struggled to answer the great questions like the above. I do because I'm fascinated (using this word again) by these questions especially How Did We Get Here? and What Is the Secret of Life? Michael Mosley, an award-winning journalist, is very good at narrating this insightful and entertaining series. He is funny and serious at the same time. From the Cosmos to the Earth to the Mind to the Body to the world of Ideas. This series "reveals how the political upheavals of history combine with iconic inventions and discoveries, along with the ideas of great thinkers (such as Galileo, Newton, Einstein and Darwin), to create the advances that have transformed our lives." The more I try to understand the world around and within me – the what, the where, the how and the why – the more I'm in awe with the beauty and the wisdom of God, the Creator. I believe in God but I also appreciate the effort, the contribution and the power of science to explain these questions. I love science!


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]