Monday, July 15, 2019

Angelus' Quote: The Best Leaders Teach!



"Richard, what's the best way to learn something?" asked my mentor. Based on his tone of voice, I assumed he wants me to answer more than just say read books (because by now you should know that's my obvious answer). So, I thought about it for a while, then I went for the next best answer, "The best way to learn something is to experience it yourself." "No," he responded instantly.

He adjusted his sitting posture, and then came wisdom: "The best way to learn something is to teach it to somebody else." Of course! I jotted down these profound words into my notebook. The late Peter Drucker observed, "People learn the most when teaching others."

When you learned something, then you teach others, you learned more (why do you think I take time to write all of these leadership quotes/lessons?). So I always make it a habit, once I finished reading a book, I would write a review and summary in my blog. All of these lessons I learned and I shared with you so that I can relearn it again (put it into words). What I didn't teach - formally or informally - I lost.

As a leader, you need to mentor and teach others what you know. Others can learn through your experiences, wisdom and - even your failures. "While we teach, we learn,” said the Roman philosopher Seneca 😉


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.



Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]