Monday, April 8, 2019

5 Books that Make A Different In Su-Jian's Life


It's hard to find a 'proper' picture of Su-Jian Koay (possible but rare) but you can roughly have a mental picture of him - arms crossed, button shirt and Crocs sandals. He is very cool and wise, playful and serious, prepared and spontaneous. When I received a text from him, it almost always about prayer letter. Every quarter of the year, he will remind us - staff - to write and submit a prayer letter. "In one week"; "3 days"; "Tomorrow."

One day, I thought that it's not fair if he always puts pressure on me like this, so I texted him, putting a pressure on him (and also, I genuinely curious to know his book lists): "Give me 5 books that make a difference in your life"... Well... It doesn't work. The effect of me asking this question is not equal with his prayer letter deadline. He's cool, alright. Here are his lists:

1) Decision Making and the Will of God: A Biblical Alternative to the Traditional View (2009) by Garry Friesen with J. Robin Maxson

2) The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun (2002) by Brother Yun and Paul Hattaway

3) Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson (2002) by Mitch Albom

4) Ordinary: Sustainable Faith in a Radical, Restless World (2004) by Michael Horton

5) The Story of Early Christianity & Christianity In the Middle Ages (The Family Church History Series, 2014) by Goh Kim Guat

#LetsMakeReadingCoolAgain

-------------------------------------

I have a blog and it's awesome: https://www.richardangelus.me/

If you're interested in pictures more than words, no hal, just go to my Instagram at https://instagram.com/richard_angelus/

But if you're not so keen on words or pictures even, me and my friend have created videos for you at https://www.facebook.com/LEGASI.tv/

Sick of my writings and wanted to read (and buy) a book instead? Get out of this FB and CLICK HERE: https://my.carousell.com/richard_angelus/



THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]