Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Personal Retreat: Father, Do You Love Me?


"Good leaders," says John C. Maxwell, "ask great questions." I went up NOT to ask for a petition or request or intercession prayer. I don't come with needs or wants or pleas. These are important, but not as important as what I came for. I came to ask God one question: "Father, do you love me?"

Often in ministry and personal life, we try to both 'proof' and 'prove' that we love Him. Really, in actions, we actually ask for approval from others, 'What will people think about me? My ministry?' Thus we serve from the point of insecurity and people-pleasing attitude. We need to ask this question: "Father, do you love me?" The Father said to the Son before He did any public ministry: “You are my Son, chosen and marked by my love, pride of my life" (Mark 1:11). Jesus doesn't need to 'proof' or 'prove' that He is worthy - He is. So, when people criticized or accused falsely against Him, He was secure. So ask, "Father, do you love me?" At the end of the day, it's not those who say "I love God" will go to heaven, it’s those whom God says, "I know you... Come" (read Matthew 7:21-23).

The Catholic Memorial & Pilgrimage Centre Mount Singai, Bau, Sarawak is not the only place to ask this question, it can be anywhere. I choose it because it is quiet and peaceful :)



THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]