Monday, October 19, 2015

Letters to Annie: Let Us Beware of Temptations (Forgive Me?)


Dear Annie,

            I miss you more today. I know you feel the same way. This morning I feel I want to hold your hand. I wish to kiss you. And then… my imaginations failed me, I’ve sinned against God and you. I’m sorry. We indeed live in a temptation-filled world and we are all sinners (Both of us are redeemed-forgiven-sinners). The devil is hard at work in our neighborhoods, and so are his helpers. Someone once said, “Give Satan an inch and he’ll be a ruler.” Here in the 21st century, the bad people are working around the clock to lead you and me astray. That’s why we must remain vigilant. Be alert and prayerful.

            In a letter to believers, Apostle Peter offers a stern warning: “Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). What was true in the New Testament times is equally true in our own. Satan tempts his prey and then devours them (and it’s up to us – and only us – to make sure that we’re not one of the ones being devoured!). Warren Wiersbe advised, “A Christian should no more defile his body than a Jew would defile the temple.” For the Jews, the Temple is a sacred and holy place; likewise, we have to treat our bodies as sacred and holy unto God.

            As a young couple and adults in search of godly relationships, you and I must beware because temptations are everywhere. Satan is determined to win (even though he is losing against Christ); we must be equally determined that he does not. “Above all,” said Thomas A Kempis, “we must be especially alert against the beginnings of temptation, for the enemy is more easily conquered if he is refused admittance to the mind and is met beyond the threshold when he knocks.” Let’s be strong in the Lord by His strength and power. Temptations will surely come, but we don’t have to fall for it. We have Jesus or more accurately, Jesus has us. I respect you. We must take care of one another. I know you will.

God will surely help us because “no temptation has seized [us] except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let [us] be tempted beyond what [we] can bear. But when [we] are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that [we] can stand up under it” (1 Corinthians 10:13, bracket mine). God gives us wisdom and humble hearts to get through every temptation! Let us pray every day for this relationship and young couples and youths around us. May we become salt and light of the world around us – that the Father in Heaven will be glorified. Amen.

I will never imagine those sinful imaginations again. I promise. I’m sorry. Forgive me?

                                                                                                I miss you,
Richard

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]