Sunday, October 25, 2015

Letters to Annie: Love (Not Lust) is the Greatest Way to Build a Lasting Relationship


Dear Annie,

            My most beautiful Annie. I love you. How to explain my love for you? If we try to build a relationship with one another based only on physical attraction, we’ll be disappointed, especially you. Lasting relationships aren’t built upon lust, they are built upon love – real love.

But first, how can I define love? Hmmm… most definitely, I understand that it’s something more than physical attraction (though you’re amazingly beautiful to me, inside-out). Genuine love is patient, understanding, consistent, consideration and commitment. I hope you agree that genuine love doesn’t just sit around and do nothing; it gets translated into acts of caring and kindness – both large and small.

            Love is always a choice. I choose you; you choose me. Initially, of course, we may “fall in love,” but it takes work to stay there. We may be “swept off our feet,” but the “sweeping” is only temporary – sooner or later, if our love is to endure, we must plant our feet firmly on the ground. The decision for us to love one another for a lifetime is much more than the simple process of “falling in” or “being swept up.” It requires “reaching out,” “holding firm,” and “lifting love.” Love, then, becomes a decision to honour, respect, and care for the other person, come what may!

            “Love is a force more formidable than any other,” writes Barbara De Angelis, “It is invisible – it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.” It’s hard for me to explain my love for you, this quote is the closest one to my heart.

Because I love you this much (see my hands open wide), sex can wait! I’m really serious about us, and we, I hope, are really serious about putting our Lord Jesus Christ first, and it is worth the wait!

 Is that enough for me to explain my love for you?
Well, we’re just getting started. There will be many stories and experiences ahead of us.
God’s love for us is enough and able to sustain our love for one another
– as long as we both love Jesus first. This is the greatest way to build our relationship.
I’m praying for us. Will you pray too?

Your man,
Richard
P.s: I miss you!

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]