Friday, December 7, 2012

Pork BBQ, Beers and Fork 'Conversation'


I have been put to death with Christ on his cross, so that it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me” (Galatians 2:19-20TEV).

Pic taken from: http://bbqribsrecipe.net/
country-style-bbq-pork-ribs
One day I and my friends were having a BBQ at my house; pork marinated with Richard’s awesome secret recipes, a crate of beer (few of my friends want it so bad, so I said, ‘Go and buy it for yourselves’) and Nescafe hot coffee for me. We start talking about the old-school days – who’s who and where’s where. Soon the conversation turned from the subject of dating to the subject of religion.
Tell us,” one of them asked me, “you’re always looks the same but at the same time you’re different. Tell us why.”
Oh, you don’t want to know”, I insisted to say anything.
Well, come on… tell us
I insisted it again because I don’t want to preach to a bunch of drunkard guys about their sins and how Christ came to die for our sin for us. But they kept on pressing me. So finally I summaries John 3:16 to them and ended my preaching by the BBQ set with these words,
“[Bla bla bla]… so that now Christ lives in me, and I in Christ

Silent. Awkward. Silent.

I can’t figure you out,” one of them honestly told me and obviously he wasn’t fall asleep, “First you said Christ lives in you, and then contradicted yourself and confused us by saying that you are in Christ. Tell me, how can that be?

He sipped another beer and bites a well-done-cooked pork meat with a fork. So I took his fork and threw it into the fire. “What the hell?!” he said. I asked them to wait for awhile. In about 7-10 minutes, the iron fork begins to glow in red. Then I said,
You see, my friends, now the fire is in the fork and the fork is also in the fire. See. In the same way, though I can’t explain it to you fully – I am in Christ and Christ is in me.

“It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.”
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]