Saturday, December 1, 2012

Knowing God by J.I. Packer (Free Books Inside!)

Knowing God is a spiritual classic” (John Stott).
Dr. Packer says we’re cruel to ourselves if we try to live in the world without knowing about the God whose world it is and who runs it. I’m convinced we’re cruel if we deny ourselves the wisdom contained in this Christian classic” (Rico Tice).
A foundational book. Great theology. It informs the mind and warms the heart” (Mike Pilavachi).

J. I. Packer writes in his foreword to the book Knowing God:

This is a book for travelers, and it is with travelers’ questions that it deals. The conviction behind the book is that ignorance of God – ignorance both of his ways and of the practice of communication with him – lies at the root of much of the church’s weakness today. Two unhappy trends seem to have produced this state of affairs. Trend one is that Christian minds have been conformed to the modern spirit: the spirit, that is, that spawns great thoughts of man and leaves room for only small thoughts of God… Trend two is that Christian minds have been confused by the modern scepticism

Stand at the crossroads and looks; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls” (Jeremiah 6:16NIV). Such is the invitation which this book issues. It is not a critique of new paths, except indirectly, but rather a straightforward recall to old ones, on the ground that ‘the good way’ is still what it used to be. I do not think my readers to suppose that I know very well what I am talking about. “Those like myself,” wrote C.S. Lewis, “whose imagination far exceeds their obedience are subject to a just penalty; we easily imagine conditions far higher than any we have really reached. If we describe what we have imagined we may make others, and ourselves, believe that we have really been there” – and so fool both them and ourselves (The Four Loves, Fontana ed., p. 128). All readers and writers of devotional literature do well to weigh Lewis’s words. Yet “It is written: ‘I believed; therefore I have spoken.’ With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak” (2 Corinthians 4:13) – and if what is written here helps anyone in the way that the meditations behind the writing helped me, the work will have been abundantly worthwhile.

Therefore, before you turn the page of your December 2012 calendar to a new year 2013, I would like to recommend you and perhaps if you’re ‘lucky’ – to offer you a free book entitled Knowing God by J.I. Packer. I read this book on January 2012 and I want to read it again because it helped me to remember, to point out, to direct, to understand, to know the God of whom I am worshipping. Read it alongside with your primary book, the Bible, and you will get your mind inform, heart warm and passion re-flame. Come and ask for your copy NOW! (Or if you want to; ‘sell your bed and buy this book!’).

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
December 2012 Free Books

I’m giving away ONLY 3 copies of Knowing God by J.I. Packer. You are welcome to get a copy of this book for yourself. Simple, do these 2 things:

1.          Comment below “Rich, give me one copy___(Your name). I want to know who God of the Bible is, so that I may worship and enjoy Him as He is.”

2.          And E-mail me at Motivates4life@hotmail.com or send message to my Facebook your real name, phone no. and your postal address. Thank you.
Best Blogger Tips

6 comments:

  1. “Rich, give me one copy___Elijah Loh. I want to know who God of the Bible is, so that I may worship and enjoy Him as He is.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Rich, give me one copy___Lydiana Sorupi. I want to know who God of the Bible is, so that I may worship and enjoy Him as He is.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lydiana, I need your address for me to sent your the book. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. hi Richard.I sent my detail thru ur email.I hope u got it. God blessed u :))

      Delete
  3. Rich, give me one copy___connie jesse anyi. I want to know who God of the Bible is, so that I may worship and enjoy Him as He is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Three of you will get the book within this week... if the postman doesn't take their annual leaves... ha2 Enjoy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]