Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"The Lord is my Shepherd", Do you Know that?

The LORD is my shepherd…” (Psalm 23:1)

That man is my father”, said my little cousin. “Who?” I acted blur. 
Eee… that one,” irritated by my question, she extended her mini index finger.
 “Who?” I asked. “There… that one, not the ugly one… that man [she waved her dad who was in the midst of our family gathering] with yellow shirt. That man is my father!”
Her voice increased. Her lung expended. Her eyebrows rise. Again I asked, “Who?”
……………
The Lord is my Shepherd...
David penned Psalm 23 under the guidance of God’s spirit. Some commentators suggest that David was fret over his life on many occasions, and they suspect it was because of the envious King Saul who seeking after his life. He was a man just like we are. He was anxious. He was struggle with his life. He was in deep trouble. Yet, when he penned this well-known Psalm, David responded all these by God-honoring way. Basically, he says that we should trust God as the good and faithful Shepherd and rejoice in His grace. But how can he do that?

You see, David says in the first section of the Psalm “The Lord is my Shepherd”. The word ‘Lord’ here refer to Jehovah, the Lord, the self-existent or eternal, Jewish national name of God. And ‘Shepherd’ here is in the context of His providence, guidance and protection. David says “The Lord is my Shepherd” may well understand as a personal Shepherd to him. It’s as if David were saying that he knew that the God of the universe was personal to Him. Just like my cousin who can clearly identify who is her father because she know him personally.
That man is my father”, said my little cousin.
The Lord is my Shepherd”, write David.

Do you know that?
Do you know the Lord as your personal Shepherd, like David did?
May as you read and meditate on Psalm 23; you’ll encounter with the living God. If God had never been personal to you before, I hope that He will as you open your heart to receive Him into your life. And if He had been one and only for you, may Psalm 23 will strengthen your faith in Him.
Jesus said, “I am the good shepherd” (John 10:11) – Do you know that?

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

..................................................................
I’m giving away ONLY 3 copies of A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Keller. If you never receive any book from Motivates4Life before, you are welcome to get a copy for yourself. Do these 2 things:
1)    Comment below “Rich, give me one copy___(Your name). I want to know the Lord as my Shepherd and Savior personally”
2)    E-mail me at Motivates4life@hotmail.com or send message to my Facebook your real name, phone no. and your postal address.

Best Blogger Tips

7 comments:

  1. Example,
    Rich, give me one copy Rich Twin. I want to know the Lord as my Shepherd and Savior personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, give me one copy (Joyce Chong). I want to know the Lord as my Shepherd and Savior personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich, give me one copy (Simon Medin). I want to know the Lord as my Shepherd and Savior personally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rich, give me one copy (Mazlan Hakim) I want to know the Lord as my Shepherd and Savior personally.
    Thank you for your offering...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich, give me a copy gift I want to know the Lord as my Shepherd and Savior personally.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is finished:
    1) Joyce,
    2) Simon,
    3) Mazlan,
    4) Anonymous... hmmm... I'm offered only the first 3 person... but since it's Christmas month - You got it! Please send me your detail to my e-mail ya.

    Merry Christmas everyone! Sent the book today :)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]