Friday, November 25, 2011

Turn Calamity into Blessing

I am thankful for my mother who says our house is too small for us to lives because it means she concern for her children’ welfare. I am thankful for my brother who always used my clothes (especially my shoes!) without my permission because at least he’s not stealing from others. For both of them who are sometime complaining (I'm included) about which television channel to watch, because that means they are at home together not on the street alone. For my girlfriend who sometime very hard to contact because it means we have room to missing each other.

For PTPTN (Education loan) that I pay monthly, because it means the government care for my education. For the e-mails, Facebook messages and phone calls, because it means I have been surrounded by friends. For overload rubbish bins in office kitchen, because it means my colleagues care for environment and not simply throwing rubbish elsewhere. For raining outside, because it means I don’t have to waste water to wash my car. For Malaysia hot weather, because it means the sun still shine.I am thankful for the parking spot I find that is quite far from my office, because it means I am capable of walking, I have been blessed with transportation and it’s free too!

For noisy kids at my village, because it means I can hear. For my friend’s birthday cards awful hand writing (since secondary school), because it means I can see (and still can read). For headache and aching muscle at the end of the day, because it means I have work hard. For mosquitoes that bite my legs every morning, because it means I still have my legs. For celebrating my 25th birthday this year, because it means – I’m still alive!

William Law once writes, “If anyone would tell you the shortest, surest way to happiness and all perfection, he must tell you to make it a rule to yourself to thank and praise God for everything that happens to you. For it is certain that whatever seeming calamity happens to you, if you thank and praise God for it, you turn it into a blessing.

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

THINK BIG-START SMALL-GO DEEP

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]