Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ranks of Love

[I’m writing this article in the cold night of Cameron Highland. My brain is partly freezing, but my desire to ‘discharge’ my thought on the Word is on fire.]

Then the voice from the cloud said,
This is my Son, my Chosen One. Listen to him
” (Luke 9:35
NLT).

I remember when I asked someone about: Who are the persons they love the most? He said, “First is God, second is my parents, third is my friends, and forth is my neighbor and others”. Honestly, that was also my answer before… before I know how ‘wrong’ it is for me to believe it and to say it so.

When I read Luke 9 especially on The Transfiguration (v.28-36), my view or believe about the priority of love had changed. Let me explain. Peter saw ‘the appearance of [Jesus’] face was transformed, and his clothes became dazzling white’ (v.29). In short, Peter saw ‘Jesus’s glory’ (v.32). When Peter also saw Moses and Elijah appeared, he then made a suggestion, an unnecessary one, he blurted out, “Master, it’s wonderful for us to be here! Let’s make three shelters as memorials – one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah” (v.33).

What was Peter trying to say here? I imagine. I interpret it. I’m hearing: ‘Jesus, the three of you are awesome. Moses is legendary. Elijah is heroic. And you Jesus, just simply glorious. I think if all of you combine together – it will be unstoppable! So let’s we make 3 shelters for you all’. Peter was making an assumption that Jesus, Moses and Elijah were equal and co-partners with one another. Or perhaps he thought that maybe Jesus was the chief among them, so probably Jesus’ shelter or tent will be bigger than the other two. But nevertheless, the three tents will be on the same ground.

But that was not what God the Father had in mind. Jesus is not equal to anyone, not even Moses and Elijah, His servants. He is unique. He is in the rank of His own. He is above all things. He is the Lord of lords and King of kings. He is God. That was why God the Father declared Jesus’ divineship with a “voice from the cloud said, ‘This is my Son, my Chosen One. Listen to him” Jesus is One that is very dear to the Father. Not the first among many or most favorite one – but One and Only Son.

So, when someone asks me, ‘Who are the persons you love the most?’ My answer won’t be in term of rank or category. My answer would be single – ‘Jesus, my Lord and Savior’. This is my aim in life not that I already achieved it fully, but to learn and continue to love Jesus as One and Only. I believe if I aim for this, my love for my parents, friends, and others is more genuine and pleasing to God. “First is God” period!

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]