Friday, November 23, 2012

God is Happy when You Ask



My aunty called for help. She requested me to translate some English documents into Bahasa Iban. It was a very hard works. I labored in pain and headache. First, because my English is not that good; and second, my Iban is next to worst! But I have to do it, in fact, I want to do it. I told her, “Yes, my pleasure,” and I meant every single words that I said.

Yesterday I had finished what she assigned me to do. I tell you, my heart was outburst with joy and gladness when she said: “Thank you. You’re very helpful”. Even today, as I write this article, there is still joy leftover. I ask myself, ‘Why? Why I’m so happy doing it? Why this sudden joy in helping other? Why I’m so happy when she says thank you?’ Then this thought come to mind: God is happy when you ask of Him. This God-given thought (I believe) revolutionizes my theology in the matter of prayer.

Try to consider this Bible verses and count how many times God is asking us to “ask” for Him:
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him” (Matthew 7:7-11NLT).
Can you count how many times God asking us to ‘ask’ of Him? My Bible summaries it this way: many times. This is amazing!

Just like I’m happy when my aunty asked for my help, it is much more will my Father be happy when I pray to Him. What can brings more joy to my Creator when His creation relies on Him, need of Him and trust of Him? I said to my students one day, ‘Why we pray? Why we praise God? Don’t you know that God will never cease to be God even if we didn’t pray to Him or lifted our hands in worship and praise Him? God need not us – we need God. God is not depending on us – we’re depending on Him. Therefore, we should pray and worship Him’.

God says ‘Ask’, therefore we joyfully pray to Him. God commands ‘Ask’, therefore we should obey Him – and He will “give good gifts to those who ask Him” according to His will. Pray, for this is your joyful duty to your Master. Give thanks, for He is worthy of our praise. And I tell you my friend, God is happy when you ask of Him. Pray.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]