Friday, November 9, 2012

Forget about the Box, Let Me taste the Chocolate First

Even children are known by the way they act, whether their conduct is pure, and whether it is right” (Proverbs 20:11NLT)

During lunch break at Cameron Highland, I went to a shop to buy a strawberry chocolate. When I opened it, I was surprised by how small is the amount of chocolate compare to its box! The box is nicely-design and the image is watery-delicious. But not it’s contain; the taste is just plain and less-chocolaty. All other chocolate is fine thus far, but I promise I won’t buy this particular brand next time!

This experience remind me of a proverb, “Even children are known by the way they act, whether their conduct is pure, and whether it is right” (Proverbs 20:11). I learned that the quality of the chocolate is not to be judge by its cover (pious look), but must be back-up by it content (character). If someone says he or she is a godly person, his or her words can only be proven by consistent actions. Appearances (nicely-design boxes) and words (its brand) are deceiving; behavior (the chocolate taste) is the best judge of character.  This illustration and Bible truth is applies to all of us: what we do or our deed is the best proof of our true character.

As follower of Jesus Christ, we demonstrate our love for Him by ‘the way [we] act, not just by what we say (or in my case, not just by the words I use). May you and I, as we confess our devotion and love to God, as God had love us first, let us revealed that love in our actions – daily.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]