Sunday, November 15, 2015

Letters to Annie: Keep Your Heart Pure


Dear Annie,

            Remember you said you love a man who love God more that he can’t look elsewhere but God thus remain faithful to you? To tell you the truth, I feel the pressure. Ha2 But then it is a good and godly pressure because I tend to love you more than God himself, and that is not just the ultimate sin against God but I believe that it is the cause of unfaithfulness in any relationships. For the reminder, I thank you. I honestly appreciate it. I love you more today.

            Annie, I also want to remind you (and myself) about this: You’re near and dear to God. He loves you more than you can imagine, and He wants the very best for you. And one more thing: God wants you to guard your heart. I read in Titus 1:15 that “Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are defiled.” It is not enough to keep our minds and bodies pure but our hearts also. Luci Swindoll writes, “Those whose hearts are pure are the temples of the Holy Spirit.”

            Keep your heart pure. Every day we’re faced with choices… lots of them. You can do the right thing, or not. You can tell the truth, or not. You can be kind and generous and obedient, or not. “Spiritual truth is discernible only to a pure heart, not to a keen intellect,” reminds Oswald Chambers, “It is not a question of profundity of intellect, but of purity of heart.” As you know very well Annie, the world today offer us countless opportunities to let down our guard and, by doing so, let the devil do his dirty works. Be watchful and obedient to God. I think the best way to guard your heart is by giving it to your Heavenly Father – it is safe with Him. Amen.

Annie, accept God’s love, and love God in return.
God loves you for who you are, not because of the things you’ve done.
Even though mine is not equal to God’s everlasting love…
In my humanity, I love you very much.

I miss to hear your voice,
Richard


THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]