Monday, November 23, 2015

Letters to Annie: Take Your Concerns to God (Thank You for Asking about Psalm 55:22)


Dear Annie,

            I miss you. Our distances somewhat makes our relationships grow stronger. I really believe that. But then again, I will see you soon. Can’t wait! Yesterday you asked me what Psalm 55:22 mean, well, in short: take your concerns to God. “Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you: He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.”

            Annie, the Bible promises this: tough times are temporary but God’s love is not – God’s love endures forever. So what does that mean to you and me personally? Just this: from time to time, everybody faces disappointments and broken relationships (maybe friendships or with family members) – so will you. And when tough times arrive, God always stands ready to protect you and to heal you. Your task, my dear one, is straightforward: You must share your burdens with Him. What kind of burden? Any burden. But take note as Corrie ten Boom observed, “Any concern that is too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” Those are comforting words for me, especially during difficult days. Smile.

            Whatever the size of your challenges, remember Psalm 55:22, God is big enough to handle them. Ask for Him to help you today, with faith and with fervour. Instead of turning things over in your mind, turn them over to God in prayer. Instead of worrying about your next decision, ask God to lead the way. “Cast your burden upon the Lord” the One who cannot be shaken, and rest assured that He always hears your prayers and “He will sustain you.” As for “the righteous,” you must keep your personal relationship with God alive. Keep on believe in the Son, Jesus Christ and sustain your faith with the Word of God every day. And don’t neglect to practise good deeds and love your neighbours. For the righteous are saved by grace through faith, faith that produce godly deeds and actions.

Thank you for asking me about Psalm 55:22. I appreciate it. I learned and encouraged by the Word myself. I commend your thirst to know about the truth. Let us claim all of God’s promises in the Bible such as this one. Our sins, our worries, our lives – we may cast them all on Him. So dear, what’s your response to this verse? Oh ya, read the whole chapter of Psalm 55 for its context, okay? So, I’ll wait for your reply soon.

Aku sayau ka nuan,
Richard

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]