Saturday, November 21, 2015

Letters to Annie: Praise and Worship God Every Day (Not Just on Sundays)

Pic is taken from: roswashere.wordpress.com
“When I look at my boyfriend I see a man after God's own heart. 
He prays for me. He prays with me and he encourages me to pray more.”
Dear Annie,

            Happy Sunday morning! I’m sure you’ll look great and beautiful at church service later. Oh, how I wish I can be there with you in person. To worship God and fellowship together with you. Good news, I will be coming to meet you next month dear. I love you deeply!

            I’ve been thinking about this theme of worship lately, my dear Annie. The Bible verse that keeps ringing in my mind is Matthew 4:10, “Worship the Lord your God and… serve Him only.” As if the Lord is saying to me – to us – that if we want to enjoy a better life and better relationships we must enjoy God by worshiping Him seven days a week, not just on Sundays. Billy Graham puts it this way: “We are never more fulfilled than when our longing for God is met by His presence in our lives.

            God has a wonderful plan for our lives, and an important part of that plan includes the time that we set aside for praise and worship Him. Every life, including ours, is based upon some form of worship. The question is not whether we will worship, but what we worship. Andrew Murray has a suggestion: “Each time, before you intercede, be quiet and worship God in His glory. Think of what He can do and how He delights to hear the prayers of His redeemed people. Think of your place and privilege in Christ, and expect great things!” If we choose to worship God, we will receive a bountiful harvest of joy, peace, and abundance. But if we distance ourselves from God by foolishly worshiping earthly possessions and personal gratification, we’re making a huge mistake.

            Right after I thought of these things about worship, my love Annie, I resolute to worship God today and every day. To worship Him with sincerity and thanksgiving. To write His name on my heart and rest assured that He, too, has written my name on His. Isn’t that awesome?! Your name is also on His. Ah yes, worship is not meant to be boxed up in a church building on Sunday morning only. On the contrary, praise and worship should be woven into the very fabric of our lives. So I ask myself: do I take time each day to worship my Father in Heaven, or do I wait until Sunday morning to praise Him for His blessings? My answer to this question every day will, in large part, determine the quality and direction of my life. I know that when I worship God with all my heart (or not), it will affect not just my relationship with God, but also the way I treat others, especially you, my dear. I want to be the best boyfriend for you. Let’s worship God accordingly.  

Btw: Dear, reading the Word of God is also part of worship. Don’t forget to eat this Food.
Everything else can wait, but don’t neglect this ya.
Again, Happy Sunday morning! J

Akui nyalam ika,
Richard

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]