Thursday, November 12, 2015

Letters to Annie:Trust God's Plans and Leave Our Present and Future Relationships to Him


Dear Annie,

            Can I ask you one thing, why you always say “God’s plan for us” in all of your letters to me? I’m a motivational readers and self-help bookers that always emphasis on human strengths and our ability to change our destiny, why you use the phrase “God’s plan”? (Is it because you’re influenced by Jamie Sullivan in A Walk to Remember novel?) At first, I’m not easy with the idea of “God’s plan” and I’m troubled by it because I have my own plan… So I searched the Scripture and after one week… I was convince that God really do have a good plan for our lives.

            The Bible makes it clear: God have a plan – a very big and good plan – and we’re (in fact all the redeemed sinners) are important parts of that plan. “You will teach me how to live a holy life,” write the Psalmist praising God, “Being with you will fill me with joy; and your right hand I will find pleasure forever” (Psalm 16:11). But here is the catch: God won’t force His plans upon us; we got to figure things out for ourselves… or not. Not figure it alone but with Him. C.S. Lewis puts it this way: “I don’t doubt that the Holy Spirit guides your decisions from within when you make them with the intention of pleasing God. The error would be to think that He speaks only within, whereas in reality He speaks also through Scripture, the Church, Christian friends, and books.”

            Annie, as followers of our Lord Jesus Christ, we should ask ourselves this question: “How closely can I make my plans match God’s plans?” and “Is our relationship is following or according to God’s plan?” I find that the more closely we manage to follow the path that God intends for our lives, the better. So if we have questions or concerns about our relationships, we must first take them to God in prayer. If we have trouble with planning for the future together, in which we will, we must consult God as we establish our priorities. Annie, thank you for always whispers “God’s plan” to my ears. As we trust the present and the future in God’s plan, we must turn every concern over to our Heavenly Father, and sincerely seek His guidance – prayerfully, earnestly, and often.

I like this quote by Elisabeth Elliot: “The God who orchestrates the universe has a good many things to consider that have not occurred to me, and it is well that I leave them to Him.” What a wise counsel!

Thank you dear Annie, my love.
I love you for always say “God’s plan for us”.
I love you for who you are.

In God’s plan we trust,
Richard
Amen?

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]