Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Believe It or Not, I Met Gossip Girl

Listening to gossip is like eating cheap candy;
do you really want junk like that in your belly?
” (Proverbs 18:8,
The Message).

Gossip needn’t be false to be evil
– there’s a lot of truth that shouldn’t be passed around
” (Frank Clark).

Hi friends and good readers, believe it or not, I met Gossip recently. 3 days before Gawai celebration. She introduced herself this way, “My name is Gossip, I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age. The more I am quoted, the more I am believed.

Wow! You’re somewhat very powerful… but negatively powerful. If this is what you can do, you must be very dangerous too” I said to her, trying to avoid mental contact with her.

She continued, “I’m not finish yet. I flourish at every level of society. My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no exact face [I said to myself, ‘No wonder I can’t see her face clearly’]. To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody’s friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same. I topple governments and wreck marriages [Suddenly GE13 gossips and news comes to mind]. I ruin careers, and cause sleepless nights, heartaches, and indigestion.”

Wow!” I said to myself. I stopped responding to her because I’m so displeased with her attitude.

Proudly she continued speaking and by now I already hated her for who she is, “I also spawn suspicion and generate grief. I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip. I make headlines and headaches…” Her voice tone decreased rapidly.

Suddenly, she disappeared. I can’t explain how – but she disappeared before I can say WAIT or GO AWAY. Both are longer to pronoun compare to her quick disappearance. She comes and goes but stayed in my mind for quite awhile, I guess that is what Gossip do. Now, I can almost hear you ask me question: ‘Richard, is the story above true and reliable?’ Well… depend. Before you believe this story or any news or any gossips at all, ask yourself, Is it true? Is it fact? Is it necessary? If not, stop believing it and shut up!

Oh wait… maybe that was why Gossip suddenly disappeared, I shut up and stop responding to her. So next time you meet her or him, try your best not to respond to ‘it’ – and shut up.
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]