Monday, June 17, 2013

Heavenly Math

If you try to understand the Trinity, you will lose your mind.
But if you deny the Trinity, you will lose your soul
” (Wilbur Smith)

God makes every effort to reveal His true identity within the pages of the Bible. Yet we can have difficulty understanding what He is telling us. In some places the Bible clearly declares that God is one: “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one” (Deuteronomy 6:4). In other places God speaks of Himself in the plural: “God said, ‘Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us’”, and Jesus calls for the recognition of God as three distinct persons: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19).

So is God three or is God one? Our earthbound math limits us to one of those two options. But the God who created our world – and mathematics – lives beyond such limitations. That’s why He can describe Himself as both three and one at the same time: 1 + 1 + 1 = 1.

If I were reading any other book, I might quickly dismiss that idea as preposterous. Yet, because I know that “the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom” (1 Corinthians 1:25), I read the Bible in the different way. When I recognize the Bible as God’s own book, I can ponder these equations and nod my head in agreement, marveling at a mystery that exceeds my comprehension*.
*This short article is quoted from Understand Your Bible by John A. Beck. Published by Barbour Publishing, Inc. ©2011. Pg. 30-31.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
FREE BOOKS!
I’m giving away for FREE ONLY 3 BOOKS of “Understand Your Bible” by John A. Beck. This short and simple but informative book is designed to remove obstacles to your understanding, giving you a greater desire for – and success in – daily Bible reading. You are welcome to get a copy of this book for yourself by simply do these 2 things:
  1. Comment below “Rich, give me one copy, (Your name). I want to understand the Bible more because……………………. (not more than 10 words).
  2. And E-mail me at Motivates4life@hotmail.com or send message to my Facebook your real name, phone no. and your postal address. Thank you.
Best Blogger Tips

8 comments:

  1. Example,
    Rich, give me one copy, Hafiz. I want to understand the Bible more because I want to know more the God of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, give me one copy, Steven. I want to understand the Bible more because i want to start small,think big and go deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich, give me one copy, Jonathan Low. I want to understand the bible more because as I press on further into knowing the bible, I find my life getting more and more Christ like. Also, the more I read the bible, the more I depend less on anyone other than God himself for spiritual nourishment. This book I believe will bring me to new hights with God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Steven,
    2) Jonathan Low

    Gentlemen, I already send your copies to your address given :) Keep up and grow up by the Word of God :)

    One more copy left? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich, give me one copy, Audrey Lonna. I want to understand the Bible more because i want to start small,think big and go deep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. still available kah bro?

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3) Audrey Lonna. Finished!

    Hey Anonymous, contact me thru FB.. I have extra :)

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]