Friday, January 18, 2013

When Our Strength Gone, God’s Strength Shown

The greatest discovery we can make is to realize that our own strength is not enough” (Catherine Marshall)

When things are going bad, when situation turned ugly, and when there seem to be no hope at all, you wonder – Where is God when you need Him the most? The answer is always the same. As surely as the sun rises, as there is water in the ocean, as oxygen fills the air that we breathe – more surely that God is right besides you. God is there. Jesus is here. He has the power and the desire to help you, for He wants to display His glory so that you will praise Him forevermore. In difficult times, don’t think that God will save you from your trouble (He never promises that) but He wants to be there for you to go through those times together with you in your trouble. In this way, your faith will grow and your awareness for total dependence on God will also increase.

Let me tell you a story. One day I saw my little cousin playing with his father’s dumb-bell. He was trying and trying very hard to lift it up but he couldn’t. Pity on him, I asked him if he need my help. Arrogantly he refused my offer.  He said to me in modern Iban’s language, “Uncle, see! See! I can move it”. “Yes, but you can’t lift it… let me help you”, I replied. “No! No! No! Errr… I’m using all my energy now!!!” he screamed as he does the Dragon-Ball-Super-Saiya-thing. I looked at him in the eyes and said, “Si Kecik, I don’t think you are using all your energy, for you haven’t asked for my help… Do you know who am I? I’m Incredible Hulk!

As I reflect on this story, I remember us. We something think that we are helpless and powerless when we face troubles, but perhaps it is because we didn’t realized that God is there for us. We haven’t asked for His help. Friend, in your troubles – ask for God’s help. Have hope in Him. Be like the Psalmist, “I will keep hoping for your help; I will praise you more and more” (Psalms 71:14NLT). Prophet Isaiah recorded God’s promise: “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you” (Isaiah 43:2NLT). God wants and will helps you through all your troubles; would you trust Him? Remember: It is through God’s help today that you will learn to rely on Him in the future.

THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]