Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stop making Excuses, will ya?

A man who wants to be something will find a way;
a man who doesn’t will find an excuse
.” (Stephen Dolley Jr.)

Come, let’s go to church this Sunday” I invited my friend. “No thanks, I have a lot of things to do,” he replied. “Oh ya, maybe next week.” Week passed by, again I asked, “Do you want to go to church this week.” “I’m tired, bro. I want to sleep a little bit longer this weekend.” “Alright, have a good rest” I encouraged him. A week later I reminded him, “Hey, I’ll fetch you this week ya. Be ready by 9.00pm okay?” He looked nervous or maybe scared – I’m not sure. He was uncomfortable and speechless – that I’m sure. “Emmm… errr… actually… but…” was his rhythm that day. After a while he straighten up, adjusted his collar t-shirt and spitted his ultimate excuse, “I’m a business man. And you… you work in a Christian organization. I don’t do all this stuffs – prayer meeting, gathering and go to church. It’s too holy for me. Anyway, since you go… pray for prosperity in my business ya

What nonsense is this! How rebellious it was! – A big fat excuse!
……..

If you’re not involved in any service or ministry, what excuse have you been using? In the Bible; Abraham was old, Jacob was insecure, Leah was unattractive, Joseph was abused, Muses stuttered, Gideon was poor, Samson was codependent, Rahab was immoral, David had an affair and all kinds of family problems, Elijah was suicidal, Jeremiah was depressed, Jonah was reluctant, Naomi was a widow, John the Baptist was eccentric to say the least, Peter was impulsive and hot-tempered, Martha worried a lot, the Samaritan woman had several failed marriages, Zacchaeus was unpopular, Thomas had doubts, Paul had poor health, and Timothy was timid. 
That is quite a variety of misfits, but God used each of them in His service,” emphasized pastor and author, Rich Warren. He continued, “He will use you, too, if you stop making excuses.

Stop making excuses… will ya?
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]