Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Smuggle the Gospel by the Way we Walk

A holy life will produce the deepest impression.
Lighthouses blow no horns; they only shine
.” (D.L. Moody)

One lived should preach good sermons. According to the book Life of Francis d’Assisi, Francis once invited a young monk to join him on a trip to town to preach. Honored to be given the invitation, the monk readily accepted.
All day long he and Francis walked through the streets, byways, and alleys, and even into the suburbs. They rubbed shoulders with hundreds of people. At the day’s end, the two headed back home. Not even once had Francis addressed a crowd, nor had he talked to anyone about the gospel. Greatly disappointed, his young companion said,
I thought we were going to town to preach.
Francis responded, “My son, we have preached. We were preaching while we were walking. We were seen by many and our behavior was closely watched. It is of no use to walk anywhere to preach unless we preach everywhere as we walk!

I think it was Francis d’Assisi that said, “Preach the gospel at all times; when necessary, use words.” (Some argue that he never said or writes this) Almost everyday I asked myself these question; am I living a manner of person a Christian should be? Do people see Christ in me? Do I help to paint my neighbor’s picture of God? By the end of the day the answer sometime discouraged me – overtime I’m sinning against Heaven, do what I shouldn’t do etc. But more than that, I’m encouraged by the grace of God, only by His Goodness – people can see Christ in me. Isn’t that is what we as a Christian should be? People can see Christ in us? Yes, people should see Christlikeness reign in us. 

In my opinion; the best evangelical tool, the greatest gospel ever preach and the most amazing love ever told is this: - to always strife to walk a Christian life*. It’s hard, very difficult and challenging but it is the most effective witness for God.

Frances Bacon observed very well when he writes,
“It is not what men eat, but what they digest that makes them strong;
not what we gain, but what we save that makes us rich;
not what we read, but what we remember that makes us learned;
not what we preach or pray, but what we practice and believe that makes us Christians.”

In a country where the Message is banned from the lost, where the Word shut off from reaching to the ignorance, and where persecution is openly declared by the enemies of the Cross – smuggle” His Gospel by the way we walk. Preach while we are walking. Preach His Everlasting Love everywhere as we walk! THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.


............
* I writes "to always strife" because none of us can really walk a Christian life, 'only Jesus can' said John MacArthur. 


Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. True enough chard. Sometimes ppl tend to preach but never walk the preach. Disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]